• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Petition to keep Roy g. guerrero DGC!

thanks yall! here is a short update from one of the local clubs " "Here is the latest Austin American-Statesman article about the MLS soccer stadium maybe going in Roy G. Guerrero Colorado River Park:

If the Austin Parks Board passes this resolution tomorrow night to remove Roy G. Guerrero from soccer stadium consideration, it will be good news. It is not the final word, only the City Council has that, but it would be very influential for the Board officially to come out in opposition to this site.

The Parks Board will discuss this, and possibly vote on it, tomorrow night (Tuesday, Feb. 27th, 6pm, at City Hall). While we don't need to flood the meeting with disc golfers, we do need a few folks down there to support the resolution. You can sign in and put on your card that you support it but don't want to speak on the topic; or you can sign in and speak for a few minutes. Either way, this would show the disc golfers' support for removing Roy G. from consideration.

Right now, Dan Zamarripa and I will be going. We need a few more; please post if you can join us. Remember, you don't have to speak if you don't want to :)

Thanks!" http://www.mystatesman.com/sports/s...hrinking-stadium-list/TDZK2L5KcMrVE9etInh3RL/

also, a local news station reported this morning that roy g is OFF the list of consideration! this is huge new for discgolfers,parks and rec and everyone else who loves the park. thanks to everyone for the support near and far,it means a lot to us. :) if any of you ever come down here,ill be happy to catch a round out there and buy you a beer.

ps. just dont all come at once, i'd be broke lol

also, a local news station reported this morning that roy g is OFF the list of consideration! this is huge new for discgolfers,parks and rec and everyone else who loves the park. thanks to everyone for the support near and far,it means a lot to us. :) if any of you ever come down here,ill be happy to catch a round out there and buy you a beer.

Oh yeah? What station? Good news for sure!

Awesome, I look forward to playing Roy G in April. I lived in Austin for 2 1/2 years and never played it.

Very encouraging! I don't know when I'll make it back to Austin but I hope that I get to play this course again when I do.

Latest posts