• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phenix straps changing

I have a sternum strap on my backpacking pack, and it does help when carrying 40 pounds or so. But I would not want to mess with one on my disc golf straps since it comes off and on 50-70 times a round!!!

I do love my Quads though. I carry a lot of discs and water.

Love my Quads, but I'm narrow shouldered and I really, really wish I had been able to find the sternum strap version. The regular ones tend to start sliding out and off my shoulders while hiking up hill. Bleh.

It's really easy to make a simple sternum strap that will work great. All you need is some webbing and a buckle, sew two pieces of webbing in loops around each shoulder strap, put the buckle ends on the ends of the webbing, and you're good to go. I did that with my first backpacking pack that I got a garage sale, and it held up great.

Excuse my ignorance...
What's the main difference between these and the Innova back pack straps I have? Mine are comfy.
I know a price difference, which I would hope means quality difference.
Thanks.

Ah you are all missing the beauty of the sternum strap. I am a large person and it is a pain grabbing the normal shoulder strap to remove the straps lots of times per round especially if you are playing in the winter with extra clothing on. You just grab the right sternum strap, with your right hand, and slide the strap right off your shoulder. It make removal awesome and easy, specially if you are wearing a wool shirt.

IMO the Phenix straps are really worth it if you carry a heavy bag, or play a lot of rounds in a day. If you're just playing a round at a time, and don't carry a big bag with a bunch of discs and drinks the backsavers are ok, but they just don't have as much padding or support, and aren't made nearly as well so they tend to wear out and break much quicker.

IMO the Phenix straps are really worth it if you carry a heavy bag, or play a lot of rounds in a day. If you're just playing a round at a time, and don't carry a big bag with a bunch of discs and drinks the backsavers are ok, but they just don't have as much padding or support, and aren't made nearly as well so they tend to wear out and break much quicker.

they have remade the backsavers to last longer

Latest posts