• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phoenix - Fountain hills and vista del camino

DigitalMan

I am heading to Phoenix tomorrow for a week. I had hoped to go there for the memorial this year but it filled up too soon. I plan to play both courses at least twice if i can while I'm there.

Any tips or advice on anything I should know? (other than the obvious keep my discs out of the water...) I have seen plenty of videos of the courses and know what to expect during play.

Anything about parking or times to go or any league play or anything like that would be helpfull.

Are both courses still in the same layout as they were for the memorial? I hope to compare my scores for round ratings.

thanks!

Last edited:
Vista can get pretty busy on the weekend. In my experience, Fountain is not nearly as busy (with disc golfers) so you should be fine there. Beware of pedestrians and other park users though. If you can, play Buffalo Ridge. It's in north Phoenix and it's the premier desert course in AZ. And it's 27 holes. Here's the link: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=917

I am heading to Phoenix tomorrow for a week. I had hoped to go there for the memorial this year but it filled up too soon. I plan to play both courses at least twice if i can while I'm there.

Any tips or advice on anything I should know? (other than the obvious keep my discs out of the water...) I have seen plenty of videos of the courses and know what to expect during play.

Anything about parking or times to go or any league play or anything like that would be helpfull.

Are both courses still in the same layout as they were for the memorial? I hope to compare my scores for round ratings.

thanks!

There is a handicap league on Thursday @ 4pm meeting at hole 12 of Vista.

I don't believe either course is still in the tournament layout. The baskets usually get moved pretty quickly after the tournament, as they are just too hard for most rec players.

loved playing fountain hills today. tried to match the pro layout as best i could remember it from the videos. didnt throw anything in the water and got some nice birdies. i was hesitant to throw 16 but bravely parked it for a birdie.

only bad news is after throwing a nice drive through the trees on 2 i tried an extra shot over the top with my prodigy D1 and it got stuck up in the tree. Then after my water bottle got stuck i gave up and was going to come back and get it after my round. Of course it was gone. sad thing is there was only 1 other guy out there playing, by himself, and i had stopped on 15 and let him play through. now realizing he probably had my disc and didnt say anything or call me.

im looking forward to vista and buffalo courses now.