• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Photon (11-12 Speed) Distance Driver

Anyone cycling Photons? What is the most stable? What is the consensus on proton Photons?

Protons are the most LSS. Little tiny dome makes them fade more vs flat neutrons. A beat neutron and fresh proton are great pair. My beat up 166g neutron photon sits right between a photon/wave now.

FWIW id go a little lighter on neutron you want to beat up. My 166g was plenty OS when new and ive thrown it edge down into some tees just trying to bend down the PLH a little.

FWIW id go a little lighter on neutron you want to beat up. My 166g was plenty OS when new and ive thrown it edge down into some tees just trying to bend down the PLH a little.

I just acquired a beat neutron that turns when thrown flat. Wasn't sure if I should go with P or N for a beefy compliment. P sounds like what I want.

Yea as long as you didn't get a sparkle proton. That plastic tends to be a little less stable than P or N on other discs.

Loving the Proton Phos. My taste just runs P on all the drivers, honestly. Particularly now that N is getting so erratic on how much flex/gum you get from it.

Love to get some proton going in the Servo class. (And Elec Anodes)

Got a 167 clear proton photon coming courtesy of community discs. Looking forward to it.

had a few pop top light weight fissions in my order that they were all 135g-141g and were pretty understable at high speed.

So............. destroyers will never touch my hand again. I finally got out yesterday and was able to throw. Like really throw. Fully open teepads, able to do a full run up and have a complete throwing motion. My 166 Neutron Photon flies like a dream. 100% totally different flight from my 164 Fission. I like the Neutron much, much better. The Fission plastic just seems to dump once it slows down. The Neutron fights forward through its entire fade. I left myself four, count em, four walk off birdies all parked within eight feet of the basket yesterday. I also got to play around with my 157 Neutron Photon and I feel the same way about it over Fission plastic. Forward fighting fade versus dumpy garbage fade. The 157 is quite fun actually. Little more turn with consistent hook up at the end. Easy as hell to get up to speed. Long. Like easy long. The Photon is exactly what I wanted my destroyers to be. A consistently produced disc that I don't have to search through bins for the "perfect" one. Aim for the Chains, thank you man for that 166. It's the perfect disc for me. If you still have the other one, let me get it from ya. Lol.

Just picked up a dOMEy fission @155. It was too windy outside the shop to notice any difference in flight today.

I picked up a super domey Fission Photon at 163. I was driving back from NYC and wanted a pit stop so I stopped at a pro-shop in CT. I had a pile of Envys in the car from field work last week so needed a driver. I was going to pick up a Plasma Volt but the Fission Photon had the highest shoulder I have ever seen. I have a pop top Insanity in the 150-class that is a bit more understand but this Fission Photon is awesome. I took it out to a very wooded course and it held both hyzer and anhyzer lines very well. On slight hyzers it would flip to flat and have a nice predictable fade. On anhyzer lines it would hold them with a nice gentle fade to finish. I felt that they provided slight more distance than my Neutrons, Protons, and Fissions. I currently bag 4 Photons in my bag and might now add a fifth or take another one out.

So............. destroyers will never touch my hand again. I finally got out yesterday and was able to throw. Like really throw. Fully open teepads, able to do a full run up and have a complete throwing motion. My 166 Neutron Photon flies like a dream. 100% totally different flight from my 164 Fission. I like the Neutron much, much better. The Fission plastic just seems to dump once it slows down. The Neutron fights forward through its entire fade. I left myself four, count em, four walk off birdies all parked within eight feet of the basket yesterday. I also got to play around with my 157 Neutron Photon and I feel the same way about it over Fission plastic. Forward fighting fade versus dumpy garbage fade. The 157 is quite fun actually. Little more turn with consistent hook up at the end. Easy as hell to get up to speed. Long. Like easy long. The Photon is exactly what I wanted my destroyers to be. A consistently produced disc that I don't have to search through bins for the "perfect" one. Aim for the Chains, thank you man for that 166. It's the perfect disc for me. If you still have the other one, let me get it from ya. Lol.

My man.

:hfive:

1456701926534.jpg

I said id hang onto it for you. No hurry shes waiting for you.

I want to love the photon, but I wish it was a tick beefier. I still feel like I need a Phase for anny flexing. I have thrown 3 Photons (all used, mind you) and they feel like the stability of a slightly worn Wraith. I was hoping for new-destroyer beefiness

I totally agree with you about the fissions. I hate them.

Proton...so much better for me

I want to love the photon, but I wish it was a tick beefier. I still feel like I need a Phase for anny flexing. I have thrown 3 Photons (all used, mind you) and they feel like the stability of a slightly worn Wraith. I was hoping for new-destroyer beefiness

I'm with you on this. I have a 174g N and it's amazing, but just too straight (throwing 400+ ft of power). it's not good in headwinds and its missing a hard finish at the end for the flight I'm looking for. It'll hold up to forehands, but again it's almost too straight. I CANNOT EVEN EXPRESS how excited I am for the new Axiom 21.5 drivers...whatever they come up with between a Phase and Photon will be EPIC, but for now, the Outlaws are staying in the bag...it fills my bomber slot perfectly, but I need that headwind disc that the new axiom mold will hopefully fill

So I have a ~155g Fission Photon that I get a touch of turn out of. I'd like to find one that is a touch more overstable to fill the high speed straight turn shots and one that is a touch more understable for those max distance throws. Would a ~175g Neutron and a ~155g Neutron fill those roles? Or would I be best sticking with Fission?

I don't think my Fission Photon has really dumpy fade but I also don't have a Neutron to compare to. Anyone else notice that kind of fade?

Latest posts