• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Photon (11-12 Speed) Distance Driver

Photon has my attention because MVP makes a lot of them in the low 160's. I find it annoyingly difficult to get Wraiths at 160-165g. There out there for sure, just not as easy to find.

Any Volt really, have yet to throw one I didn't like.

Yes, I do think the Photon is that good

Jesus, just tried my first 150s proton photon (153 g) and it's freaky stable for that weight class. I've tried the 150s before in fission, but relative to full weight this is something else! Dat distance.

Photon has my attention because MVP makes a lot of them in the low 160's. I find it annoyingly difficult to get Wraiths at 160-165g. There out there for sure, just not as easy to find.

My thoughts on all plastic 160-165. It seems it would be the perfect weight for me in many of the molds I throw and yet I rarely can find it. One reason I am very excited about the 162 fission I just ordered.

Last edited:
If that thing is a little beefier than your wanting flip it upside down and scratch up the top on a teepad. That plastic is more durable than other Air plastics and may take awhile to naturally get into that good S flight. Though at that weight it might be just about right depending on your arm.

If that thing is a little beefier than your wanting flip it upside down and scratch up the top on a teepad. That plastic is more durable than other Air plastics and may take awhile to naturally get into that good S flight. Though at that weight it might be just about right depending on your arm.

Thanks for the info! Currently my sweet spot is a fresh 159 boss. Beat they begin to end right but get me the distance I desire. So hoping this 162 is comparable to that?

Probably closer to a destroyer of the same weight but only cause the photon is a speed slower than a Boss.

Thanks again. I figured I'd add a couple grams to the weight to compensate for that until MVP releases something 13 speed?!?! Although, for whatever reason, every Destroyer I have owned has been beefier than every Boss I have owned. On a side note, I'll probably pick up a 168 proton too and see how they compare.

I've been cycling them with different weights. 147 F for turnovers, 155 N for straight, and a 167 P for straight to fade. Can't say enough good about the Photon

If I'm using a minimal setup I bag a 167 N that sits nicely in-between the 155 N and 167 P

I threw one for the first time in a tourney (some field work prior). What a freakin' nice disc. Launched like a tracer bullet, went straight on far and then hooked up. I have to throw lighter weights (136/149 so far) but...wow.

Latest posts