• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pick 3....

chiggins said:
I used to have more interesting answers to this question, but I'm slowly joining the order of the minimalist monks. After playing some rounds with the core TeebirdRocWizard combo, I'm likin' it lots. It's liberating the way a single speed bike is, there's just not as much to get in the way of the joy of it, ya know? (I must admit, I still frequently turn to a heavy Firebird for forehand fades and forehand rollers, so I may belong on the "Pick 4" thread).

But that's on normal days. On those days when I'm feeling naturally athletic, usually after a good workout, I'm throwing a Cheetah, a Roc, and an Aviar... come to think of it, I don't need no steenking Roc, vituperous harpies.

I totally agree with the appeal of forced simplicity. I took 3 discs on a weeks golf vacation and I concentrated on my shots and not disc selection and there was also much less 2nd guessing myself after a weak shot.

I wish I had experience to answer this question but I don't. But I do aspire to K.I.S.S. Doing more with less (only 3) is very appealing, as a casual player out to have fun and challenge myself. Now if I could only zero in on what to start with I'd be set!

Greetings from a Noob in Seattle!

esp surge
proline gremlin
sss eraser wizard

depending on my mood, I may sub out the surge for a star valk.

eagle-x
roc
wizard

18pukas said:
I wish I had experience to answer this question but I don't. But I do aspire to K.I.S.S. Doing more with less (only 3) is very appealing, as a casual player out to have fun and challenge myself. Now if I could only zero in on what to start with I'd be set!

this thread has plenty of great 3-disc setups you could try...

18pukas said:
Greetings from a Noob in Seattle!

welcome!

discspeed said:
Anakha said:
3 from several

What's your mixed bag?
There isn't one, I throw all Discraft. I just like symmetry, hence the three from each. Hell, even my different bags are all one color, I have orange, yellow, red, and white bags.(all circle D of course) And as soon as I find a supercolor Zone, I'll even have a full mini bag of supercolors.

But, if i was forced to throw a different brand, it would be Lat. 64 for sure. Great lineup, awesome plastics.

I've tried most everything except gateway drivers, and the 3 discs I NEED are-

Sinus
Core
Striker

Of course I could do just as well with a warlock, buzz, OLF or any other discs like these, but the opto plastic is SWEET :)

Latest posts