• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Picking a distance driver when you like everything

Feel and availability is how I choose when I can't otherwise make a choice. That's a big part why I chose terns over renegades - I can get terns locally and don't have to order online. If someone starts carrying DD again locally I'll probably use renegades.

In good company, so many great molds now. Close your eyes and feel which one is right. Now a days you can't hardly go wrong.

It's not just distance drivers. There are a lot of different fairway drivers, mids, and putters that I like too. So my solution was to set up multiple bags. I have the set of discs that I find work best for me in my primary bag, but then I also have a bunch of manufacturer specific bags to give me the chance to throw some of the other stuff that didn't quite make the cut.

Does it hurt my game using different discs all the time? Maybe. Does it make casual rounds fun enough to not care? Absolutey.

For me its about Duties. I do have a couple discs that cover the same duty but are different discs/brands. But I only carry 1 of them at a time, because its redundant to carry both. So what are you looking for? Basically sounds like a fast Slightly Overstable disc is the slot/duty you have going on. Force and Outlaw are both fast and OS. I narrow it down, in a given speed category, ie: 5, 7, 10, 12, etc.....I usually carry 3-4 discs. Understable, Stable, Slightly OS, Overstable....I narrow it by trial and error, see what I like, and go from there. Again, all depends on the duty you're looking for.

Latest posts