• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Picking up dome DisCraft Discs

stalkers are sweet dude, i got one over the holidays and got to try it out on friday. that thing is a freakin' lazer

I'm not as familiar with DisCraft plastic. I know I once had a Surge that was way too flippy and don't want that again. Years ago I threw a Marauder (back in the mid 90s) and I loved that disc...lost my last one in 2006.

The Marauder was the last Discraft Disc I threw regularly and the Surge was the last Discraft disc I tried to keep in my bag but it was just too flippy for me.

What's most comparable to Innova Plastic?

I like Star and DX the best. I don't throw any Champion Plastic and only occasionally throw pro plastic. I have a R-Pro Boss I only put in my bag when I play a course with a long, long wide open hole and I sometimes will put a pro Katana in the bag.

This is great information.

I put my order in. Here's what I decide on after reading all these posts and talking to two friends that play Discraft discs...

An ESP Nuke (169 - 172 grams)

An Elite Z-Stalker (168 - 173 grams)

An Avenger SS (168 - 173 grams)

2- ESP Buzzz (168 - 172 grams)

2- Elite Z Comet (168 - 172 grams)

2- Elite Z Hornet (168 - 172 grams)

2- ESP Meteor (168 - 172 grams)

I'm most likely going to put these into my CTP bucket for tournaments I run. I might try throwing a Buzzz. That's the disc I seem to hear the most about.

Thanks again for all the feed back.

The Discraft discs I'd recommend are pretty much all the "popular" molds such as...

Z Buzzz - Z is the most consistently stable plastic for buzzz's imo.

Z Stalker - The most accurate disc in my bag not to mention one of the most accurate on the market, to me it's like a slightly slower and slightly less stable teebird.

Z or ESP Predator - The best overstable driver on the market today. Z is more stable but I prefer heavier ESP's as they stay straighter longer for me.

and a couple other molds I myself have recently fallen in love with...

Z Comet - This thing gets so much love on the net I don't know why it's taken me so long to pick one up finally threw one the other day and they're amazing. So much glide so much D so little effort. It's very much a hybrid fairway/mid to me.

Z Hornet - A midrange predator, If you're looking for an overstable mid that isn't a meathook like the Drone this is it. Very pred like flight as it stays straight for about 75% with a hard predictable fade.

Hope this helps!

That should read Some Discraft Discs.

Here's what's in my bag now...

168 Star Katana
172 Star Valk
172 Star Wraith
173 Star Starfire

153 DX Viper
172 DX Scorpion (s)
172 DX Eagle
144 DX Stingray

170 Star Mako
180 Star Mako
170 DX XD

171 'Hands On' Avair Putter

Looking for the Discraft equivalent to what I carry now. Mostly interested in replacements for my Star Katana, Star Mako, and Viper and Eagle.

168 katana- Probably the new x nuke, or a flippy esp nuke
172 valk-z xs, or x avenger
172 wraith- esp surge
173 starfire-Maybe a z flash?

153 viper- Well if it was heavier it would probably fly closest to a z pred
Never thrown a scorpian
Eagle- Z stalker, tracker
stingray- x comet maybe? meteor? glide?

170 star mako- esp buzzz
180 star mako- z buzzz
x xd- ringer

Aviar- challenger maybe?

If you have some credit leftover after this Discraft binge, pick up a Latitude64 Goldline Flow (slightly understable wraith), or River (slightly understable glidey eagle). Amazing plastic, and their whole lineup of discs is pretty solid.

As for Discraft, try out an XL - valkyrie-like.
And Hornet for a nice overstable mid.
FLX plastic is also very nice, I prefer it over regular ESP when possible.

I forget to mention before that the Cyclone is a really good fairway disc.

After I ordered my discs...I got an email with a code for the credit asking that I just order what I wanted. I went through a bit quicker than I should have but here's what I got...

Elite-Z Avenger SS Driver

Elite-Z Stalker - Fly-Dyed

X-Bzzz-Flydye Discraft Elite-X Buzzz

dc-z-cmt Discraft Elite-Z Comet w/Bryan McClain Open Stamp

dc-z-hornet Discraft Elite-Z Hornet

ESP-Bz-spr-clr Discraft ESP Buzzz SuperColor

dc-x-nuke Discraft Elite-X Nuke Driver

dc-z-hornet Discraft Elite-Z Hornet

I also picked up 5 birdied bags.

This comes from DiscGolfStation.com, they wanted to be a sponsor of one of my tournaments. It ended up being $150 in credit in exchange for hole sponsorship. My tournament will now have a Discraft CTP with the prize being four of these discs and two birdie bags.

The other I will probably throw and see if I like Discraft discs...

Attachments

• 100_7804.jpg
    100_7804.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts