• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] 2023 Horizon Cloudbreaker

seedlings

* Ace Member *
The Horizon Cloudbreaker (creator series) looks pretty stable from videos. I haven't picked one up because I'm overstocked on DD3s Cloudbreaker3s, and '22 creator Cloudbreakers. If you grab some, let us know how they're flying. Especially some of the 160 class! That's the only reason I'm tempted, a 165 Cloudbreaker would be killer! (I think, unless it's freak overstable)

Horizon_Cloudbreaker_SHAREPIC_3_2048x2048.jpg

I got yellow pop top 171 gram one and it is really overstable. There is some variety in stability between the discs but they are comparable to Halo Destroyers. This run might be a little bit more glidier than CB3s. The plastic feels a little bit harder than Horizon DD1 plastic. These discs are not for noodle arms.

Im going to bag mine and hope it beats in fast.

What are peoples opinion on these? I bought two that I really enjoy, but they are both less stable than what I've read from other peoples experiences. This makes me a bit hesitant to buy backups.

Both of mine flies straight with a little turn and then have a reliable fade. Released on anhyzer they will hold it for most of the flight and fight out right at the end. I throw them 450-500'. They are a definitely a touch less OS compared to the new regular S-Blend Cloudbreakers.

Horizon Cloudbreaker is definitely overstable. Not totally brutish, but I'd say a hair more than other DD3s or Cloudbreakers. Overall it's a decent disc to throw. Nice plastic, and it'll smash if you're able to get it turned a little.

12, 5, -0.5, 3. If you let up on it even a little the disc will fade out early and end up short and left of where you want it. Flies like a brand new star Destroyer that hasn't been broken in at all.

I've had my white blue border Horizon Cloudbreaker 175g for about 6-weeks, and with it an S-line DD3 175g my 2nd and 3rd disc with Discmania. I'm trying to get ready for our strong wind season during the winter/spring. At age 60 and 4 years of playing, entering my 5th wind season I'm always looking for at least neutral flatness 12-speed for head and cross winds, last years were all lost Innova and Axiom. To my surprise both of these new pickups PIAS were near flatness, the Horizon the only one out of the bunch, so I grabbed them not really expecting much because of the weight and my experience last year with a beefy Creator.

I've had a few practice days, and course days with them at around 20 mph wind. I'm LHBH, form building this year on a 3-step.

-The Horizon to my surprise in the headwind left center fading back in somewhat OS, 270-285 feet on a good throw, not much in distance, at my age and experience I've been thrilled. Will catch the cross wind and have a nice skip bounce across the fairway. Compared to the beefy Creator last year little fade and short on distance seemed more stable. Still working with it on downwind, getting better a way to go not ready for the course.

-I'll throw in the DD3, in that type of headwind, I've never reached 300 with any disc, but have a few times left center finishing fade seems stable.

It seems to me compared to lesser wind days, these discs thrive on strong wind, the past month I've picked up all S-line purple DD1 175g, DD Teal 173g, and DD black 168g same thing these disc seem to thrive on stronger wind. On Sunday were expecting 20-30 mph wind a first with these discs looking forward to it, stronger winds as the season progresses. I have an S-line Purple Swirly DD3 168g arriving at the end of the week. I was told those can be flippy? I've been able to turn flip the DD3, and DD black.

My question is that I mention the colors because reading comments on other sites determines whether there OS, US, Stable. Or flippy to stiff. Any truth to that?

For those around my age, I had my doubts with Discmania because of the weight on there discs, but so far I'm surprised with the few 11-12 speeds I've picked up in the bag 15 mph wind and greater, leave them out with lesser wind. The grip feels close to G-Star.

Latest posts