• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pictures of your vintage discs

The big Discraft driver was the Eclipse. There was already an original stamp posted. This is the later stamp, which is pretty much how it looks today.
016-1.jpg

I like this stamp. It's a glow Eclipse.
017-1.jpg

This is a terrible picture, but this was a big Discraft Driver in the early 90's called the Shadow.
021-1.jpg

There was also a more overstable Shadow called a Shadow Plus, but I don't have one.

And finally, the Marauder.
019-1.jpg

From least to most overstable, they were Eclipse-Tracer-Shadow-Marauder. All of them were big diameter discs, 22.0 cm or more.

The first real putter Discraft had was the Magnet.
001-1.jpg

I wasn't going to post the Magnet, as it really hasn't changed. I just thought I'd show you the underside for fun. It looks like when I first tried the Magnet and was writing my info on the bottom, I really wasn't digging this disc.
002-1.jpg

What can you say?
014-1.jpg

The Cyclone changed everything. It was the best all-around driver for 5 or 6 years after it came out.
015-1.jpg

Discraft followed up the Magnet and Cyclone with the midrange Hawk. With those three discs they had a major improvement in their disc golf offerings. Up until these three discs came out, Lightning had a better selection of discs than Discraft.
004-1.jpg

The Hawk was also sold in Tournament Pro plastic. It was called the HD Hawk.
005-1.jpg

We take for granted that discs are available in three or four different kinds of plastic today. Back in '93 the Aviar and the Hawk were the only discs I recall that you could get in two different kinds of plastic.

For some reason, the follow-up driver to the small-diameter Cyclone was another big-diameter driver called the Typhoon. It wasn't very popular.
020-1.jpg

Then somebody broke a Cyclone mold and Discraft had the overstable companion to the Cyclone they needed, the X-Clone.
013-1.jpg

For most of the mid 90's this was hands down the best forehand disc on the market. It wasn't very durable, so you had to buy them in stacks!

The X2 was the first Elite Pro disc. I thought it had a really cool stamp.
1st Run X2.
030-1.jpg

X2.
032-1.jpg

After the XL came out and was a huge hit, all the Elite Pro discs from then on had the same boring XL-ish type stamp. It was kinda hard for a casual player to tell an X2 from and XL at that point. I always thought that was a mistake and they should have left the original stamp on the X2.
031-1.jpg

1st run XL.
027-1.jpg

Another 1st run XL. Why does it have a smaller stamp, you ask? I have no idea!
028-1.jpg

A tye-dye XL.
029-1.jpg

And with that, I hit 1,000 posts in one year!

Well, Here's my collection of Innova that has aquatic stamps... 8)

Here's a Barracuda
DSCI0121.jpg

A Dolphin... one of my favorite discs of all time. (not to throw, just think it's cool)
DSCI0122.jpg

A Pair of Morays~
DSCI0126.jpg

A trio of Stingrays~
DSCI0129.jpg

Shark and Piranha
DSCI0132.jpg

Hammer and Hammerhead
DSCI0135.jpg

Latest posts