• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Piney Woods Open: November 10-11, 2012 @ Lindsey Park in Tyler, TX

dont think so but i bet a hundred no one shoots it this year... too damn green and growed up playing tough as well....

I am certain that people have shot lower than 54 on Dogwood longs.

I know and play with most of the locals as Tyler is my home courses. To my and others who play there on a daily basis this is the record. Maybe someone has shot better, but as far as the locals know I am almost certain 54 is the top score there. 54 on Dogwood long is an AMAZING round!!

It was Nikko that shot the 54, wasn't it?

Farnham shot a 54 in a club sponsored mini from the long basket placements. If Nikko shot it, I am guessing from his victory at Piney Woods a few years back, it was before the newer Long basket locations were installed, which would be a significant difference

awesome courses, wish i could make it. btw the new red course configuration is great

There's one new hole, I think it's like 16 or something, where the basket is in a great little alcove. However, the walk to get from tee to pin (with my cart) is freakin' BRUTAL. It's like kinda hilly and deep sand. You know which one I'm talking about? That's the only new hole I'm not sold on yet, it's needs to be "broken-in" a bit more.

I really like the new basket location that goes downhill dogleft left after throwing uphill from that weird in-ground teepad. The old location was just so tough, the new one improves the hole immensely. Hell that may be 16, I can't remember.

The pyramid hole is wayyy better than the old layout next to the entrance road. I was parked for birdie at WOTR but of course, didn't convert. I think I blew 7 birdie opps. ughhh

Yeah I have only played blue maybe twice, it's hard to remember how difficult it was. That's the course I blew up at the last tourney, finishing last in my division. that round made me stop throwing rollers. I kinda thought red maybe tougher than blue now. I do know that I liked that blue course a LOT, had some nice technical holes I enjoyed.

all of these courses are solid, probably one of the best 3 course sites in the country. the gold course does not fit my game, but its great scenery and terrain for sure.

red longs tougher than blue shorts? not so sure i agree but maybe the two courses are closer to equal now. now if we could just get that dang powerline wire out of the way on blue #1

i do recall most players having better scores overall on blue than red last time. have you played red since the new holes have been changed/added?