• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Plastic Densities

What's going on here.

I was talking about the differences between the most extreme examples that were stated. Again I don't know any of these numbers as facts, I'm just going through and assuming what kilgus said is correct. I was talking about the extreme example of "TPE core in neutron" type plastic that can go down to a density of around 0.9...whereas in the other statement you co-quoted me with was talking about differences between another type of plastic where the density is more approaching 1.2...which would be similar to the core density.

I still think it is interesting with the cut-up disc test, that shows a difference of taking about 8% of the discs weight off of the core, then adding that 8% to the rim. This move of changing the mass distribution is a fairly large number. Again, this was a ghetto test as kilgus admits so it's just an example, not an overall truth.

Either way if the numbers are often that high then I'm fine with them talking all they want about gyro effect in their marketing, clearly the mass redistribution is there (although I don't know disc rpm and if the disc is likely to maintain this rotation for longer). I'm still impressed with how HSS an Anode is, however it does it.