• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Player Packs

The thing is that most manufacturers require that the stamp be tournament specific, date in particular, in order to be eligible for their sponsorship deals. If you're talking about player pack discs, it's hard to pass up a bunch of free stuff to add to your event just because you don't want to be event or date specific.

Never knew this, never having ordered discs. Even when it isn't exactly what you want, or the way you want it, it's hard to turn down free plastic when it's available. Maybe even harder for a TD who wants their event to be well received by the players.

I enjoy a good DRI-FIT style shirt. Please never give cotton or something that will shrink and fade.

Premium plastic is good as well. Just stick to the popular molds at 170g+ weights.

I understand this may sound picky, but im just relaying the best possibility for player pack happiness.

I dont play for the swag anyway. A tourney is a way to test my skill under pressure and competition. When i play i focus on the trophies!!!

Polyester sucks. Cotton every time for me.

See, can't please everyone.

Our club offers a variety of items to hopefully help players find something useful they actually like. As this thread demonstrates everyone has stuff they like and dont like so trying to please everyone with one item is a challenge. Instead we offer a $15 credit towards anything on the table. Custom club stamped discs, club t-shirts and hoodies, pint glasses with custom stamp, club towels and depending on the event or time of year, glow LED lights and hand warmers. Seems to work pretty good as we get a lot of repeat players for each event.

When I played the amateur divisions, players' packs were always a gamble.

Discs tended to be max weight drivers, which I could not use, regardless of manufacturer.
T-shirts tended to be unisex, usually in sizes that made them useless for anything other than pajamas.

I know the logistics of why both of these things are the way they are, both from the ease of the TD's perspective and what the manufacturer wants/prefers to provide. The default is rarely friendly to female players, however.

I don't know how many women you have playing your events, but taking them into consideration when choosing disc or shirt options will go a long way to having repeat attendance. We remember the TDs who remember us when designing the player's pack.

I don't know how many women you have playing your events, but taking them into consideration when choosing disc or shirt options will go a long way to having repeat attendance. We remember the TDs who remember us when designing the player's pack.

Our club has hosted one of the Michigan Womens Series event every year for the last three years as one way to help support the ladies side of the game. We actually pull most of the lightweight discs from every order we do during the year and keep them in a box for these events or for ladies that attend our other tournaments during the year. Usually have somebody working the disc section pull them aside and offer the box to them directly to browse through.

We also started doing womens shirts in multiple sizes for each event. Our club invested in a vinyl cutter and heat press so we usually do our own shirts. Taking note from Discraft we even started folding them up nicely and placing them in clear plastic bags with size sticker on them for easy shopping. Our shirts, mens and womens, would be a mess after each tournament from people checking sizes so going to bags has helped a lot. :thmbup: