• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please help me with my drive, *video*

well, my 2 cents.

Looks like you're bending your knees some through the x-step, so that's good. You might try bouncing less and see if it helps/hurts. Just mentioning since the more motion you have, the more you have to go wrong. I'd guess you have issues with smaller tee pads.

Looks like you're getting forward and over the plant leg. An improvement would be to bend that plant knee a little.

Discs appear to be coming out flat or perhaps a little anhyzer, but not nose up, which is good.

You don't appear to be finishing. Your throw is pretty dead soon after release instead of increasing arm speed through the hit.

Can't quite tell how much hip/shoulder power you have in the throw, but you are getting the shoulders around quickly, which would seem to imply you're at least rotating.

aside form the ballerina steps (that i assume were from the lack of shoes) :)

things look pretty good.

guessing those throws went in the ~320-350' range?

positive:
good relaxed pull going into the power zone with acceleration...

negative:
not enough finish power to hit it hard. you appear to decelerate almost immediately before the disc comes out.

i generally preach 60% in 99% out.

the average player is 99% in, 60% out.

your throw is more like 60% in 65% out.

basically, first 80% of the throw is roc solid. during the final 20% smash the crap out of it and you should pick up an extra 50'.

These are just tweaking your technique: As you increase speed in the steps you could also bend slightly more forward at the waist before the disc leaves your hand. I rarely see people throw a disc that high relative to the shoulders. Some throw from the hips so there's a lot of variation in height. I stopped trying to throw that high because it wasn't getting any easier for me to throw because my arm muscles wouldn't work as fast. They were bulging and constricted in different parts of the arm at different parts of the throw slowing things down dramatically. People are different so I don't if lowering the line that the arm is on would make things easier or faster and more powerful for you. I've read that muscles work hardest when they are at the middle point in their range of motion. Throwing that high certainly puts many parts of the arm in extreme positions for a long time.

Thanks so much guys.

Getting ready to go out and so some field work to implement the suggestions.

Will let you know what I surmise.

Get somebody to video without the commentary :lol: :lol:

I cant help you anymore than everybody else has :(

Latest posts