• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR RoadMap for Jan 2024

greens

Administrator
Staff member
A few of you have requested what we are working on behind the scenes.

I will start by saying this will not always happen, and I reserve the right to change things as life/projects arise.

That said, here we go:

Working on the filters is a central theme across the board.
  • Desktop: Filter layouts (color scheme, etc)
  • App: Additional filters were added, and we are also looking at making it easier to access. (grouping options together, pet friendly, etc)
  • App: Changing some of the options to be more user-friendly.
  • Desktop: Ability to remember filters, or by default, filters will not remember your last search.
  • App: Map filters must be looked at to mimic what we offer on the site.

Achievements
  • Looking into the calculations to be sure they are right
  • Making the achievements not earned yet, not show...but maybe show what's next?
  • Raise the limits or create higher achievements

Rounds
  • App: Removing extra info from the rounds (leaving course name, score, date)
  • App: ability to give them a title and edit
  • App: Adding users from the forum or writing a custom name (Stretch goal)
Long-term, looking toward the forum. I'd love to show a fast-loading version of the web. It's already built and would create less hassle for upgrades etc.

There isn't much time left in January, and I'm glad. I don't know if I intentionally chose for a dry January...but February will be soon.
Independence Day Drinking GIF by IFC

Last edited:
  • Desktop: Filter layouts (color scheme, etc)
This has been completed.
This is a subtle update, but it is much easier to read the course page on Desktop and even mobile (non-app)
IMG_298C5A03F8D1-1.jpeg

The wishlist / played / favorite buttons have been a bit more updated, and easier to watch.
Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 6.57.57 PM.png

This is still in beta and has not been released to the app store yet.

This next push, when released, will be:
  • The ability to edit the title of the rounds.
  • Add a user for the rounds if they are a user on the site or just a username.

IMG_3C66BDDD8095-1.jpeg

IMG_51E42FDCD20C-1.jpeg

I am doing a good bit of testing on this for load and the user experience. I might try to tack on a few UI tweaks, but truth be told, it's not 100% my area of expertise.

Now this is what I'm talking about! Return of the Scorecard.
This is still in beta and has not been released to the app store yet.

This next push, when released, will be:
  • The ability to edit the title of the rounds.
  • Add a user for the rounds if they are a user on the site or just a username.

View attachment 331296

View attachment 331295

I am doing a good bit of testing on this for load and the user experience. I might try to tack on a few UI tweaks, but truth be told, it's not 100% my area of expertise.

The basic forum, as you see it today, is slowly making its way to the app.

I would like to strip some of the fluff out to focus on speed. So it's done so quickly when you only have 2 minutes to spread your favorite meme.

The forums are not the main point of the app, obviously, but hey, it never hurts, right?

This is being pushed live to the app stores today.

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 9.09.58 AM.jpeg

There are still some issues with the filters on desktop. Well, one issue anyway.

I filtered on courses with 17+ reviews, but it looks to be displaying the opposite.

1706312560888.png

I clicked on a few others and then scrolled through the list below the map and everything I saw was 17 or less.

Attachments

• 1706311925999.png
    1706311925999.png
    632.5 KB · Views: 0
There are still some issues with the filters on desktop. Well, one issue anyway.

I filtered on courses with 17+ reviews, but it looks to be displaying the opposite.

View attachment 331364

I clicked on a few others and then scrolled through the list below the map and everything I saw was 17 or less.
This is being updated shortly. Thank you for reporting it.

Also working on additional updates for the App right now.
  • Changes the label Maps -> Courses
  • Updating the filters to easier use on the courses tab.