• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Poll: Do you drive with anything other than a driver?

Who?

• Yes

Votes: 166 97.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
I drive with what's going to give me best chance at bird 250 and below I'm driving putters or mids depending on line after that its either mid or fairway

Yowza, I can see that I'm in the minority with a "no" vote!

There are some tee pads where I'll throw mids, but I don't really consider those "drives". I know that I could be getting a putter or mid to some holes that are ~200'. I feel like I get more consistency and can shape a line better with a fairway driver at that distance.

My question is do you drive with anything other than a driver?

Ofcourse. From playing tournaments the past year I'd say the majority of my drives are using putters and fairway drivers. Very rarely do I use a max d driver anymore unless it's a wide open hole.

I'll drive with whatever disc I deem to be the best for the hole I'm playing. Often, it's not a driver.

I always try to pick the disc that will go the right distance on the intended line. Straight to anhyzer 100m could be a midrange and 90m wide open hole is often a wide hyzer with a driver. Often use my putters for most holes <80m.

Thinking of a course i play regularly with a good mix of holes i generally throw a putter or mid on it 10 of the 18 holes. Most are putter shots up to 300'.

I golf with my wife all the time.
I drive with all discs, there are times where you need to shot to a landing area, instead of ripping the longest drive you can. The terrain, ceiling, fairway width, polehole landing area and elevation can all come into play when deciding to throw a driver, mid or putter.

QFT.

My wife is currently on hiatus because she broke her ankle in three places the beginning of May. When she's back on her feet, she plans to be back on the course.

As for driving not using a driver...what he said above. Played a new course today that has no hole more than 220' or so. Didn't pull a driver out of the bag. Played with a mid range and a putter.