• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Positive Disc Karma

slimshadyemb

Birdie Member
This thread is like a company who makes a small donation and spends millions advertising the donation *cough cough* cigarette companies *cough*. I lost a disc on top of a building a few weeks ago playing a winter disc round

Got a call from a guy today who climbed up on the building. Found my disc. Instead of feeling like he earned it, he called me. Ironically, I have only been called about a disc twice (of maybe 8 possible lost discs), and it was this one both times.

Just like when I found it and called the number, I told him to keep it. He earned it. And I have replaced it. #1) are stalkers so bad that people would rather call than keep? #2) I think this earns a few birdies on my next round, right?

Just like when I found it and called the number, I told him to keep it. He earned it. And I have replaced it. #1) are stalkers so bad that people would rather call than keep? #2) I think this earns a few birdies on my next round, right?

At first I was totally confused by this. Then I realized that you were referring to a disc, not a troubled person.

To answer you question, Stalker

It looks like you've been playing for about a year if I'm not mistaken.

Ironically, I have only been called about a disc twice (of maybe 8 possible lost discs), and it was this one both times.

If you've been called 2 out of 8 times in a year....that's pretty damn good. I've lost at least a dozen over the years and have only gotten 2 call backs. :\

i remember finding a star TL or a star eagle or something, some yellow star disc in the snow at shaver once and calling the guy up. he was ecstatic i found his disc and ranted about the flight of it and how much he loved it when i told him i had it. he wanted to know where it was, i told him and he was just like "what...whoa...i crushed that shyte man" and went on some more about how it flies and what he does with it. he ended up driving from iowa city to get it from me, he was a nice guy

i know a network of people locally and those people know people, so when i find plastic, i have an idea of who's it is usually and can give it back to the person or give it to someone who knows the person

I've lost maybe 8-10 discs and have only gotten a call about one of them on two seperate occasions (the same disc). I have lost this disc a total of 4 times and twice had gotten calls back and twice found it myself.... weird.
Maybe it is because it is a beaten up, filthy, ugly, pale yellow KC Roc with no stamp left.

I'd say I get called about 10% of the time.

Never been called.....and every number I have called has been disconnected.

Perfect disc karma - I'm on hole 12 (not sure exactly what hole but we'll say 12) at South Mountain in Bethlehem PA in the King of the Mountain tournament. I'm about 70 feet out for birdie with a tangle of trees and small bare bushes in all my lanes. As I walk up to set up my lie, I notice something blue under the leaves. As I pull the leaves back and ask "did anyone throw a Blue disc?" on of the guys on the holes in front of us hears me and says "yeah it's mine" and reads off everything on the back of the disc to the letter. I toss him his disc, and with a good feeling, huck my putter with a ton of hyzer over a small bush around some trees and right into the basket for birdie :D.

Perfect disc karma - I'm on hole 12 (not sure exactly what hole but we'll say 12) at South Mountain in Bethlehem PA in the King of the Mountain tournament. I'm about 70 feet out for birdie with a tangle of trees and small bare bushes in all my lanes. As I walk up to set up my lie, I notice something blue under the leaves. As I pull the leaves back and ask "did anyone throw a Blue disc?" on of the guys on the holes in front of us hears me and says "yeah it's mine" and reads off everything on the back of the disc to the letter. I toss him his disc, and with a good feeling, huck my putter with a ton of hyzer over a small bush around some trees and right into the basket for birdie :D.

Instant karma, the best! :D

I toss him his disc, and with a good feeling, huck my putter with a ton of hyzer over a small bush around some trees and right into the basket for birdie :D.

Did anybody ding you a stroke for the practice throw when you tossed the dude's disc to him? :p

Disc karma is a bunch of crap. I returned two discs while playing a $5 round of doubles. They were discs I had called about multiple times before. I turned down a $5 reward fee from one guy. Hole 16 we're up by 1. They tie it up with a birdie. Hole 17-Nice drive, ten footer for birdie for us. They hit a 50 footer for bird. Hole 18- Nice drive, ten footer for birdie for us. They hit a 35 footer. Playoff hole-They hit an amazing drive on a long hole for a 20 foot birdie and we get par. Where's the karma?

I've only lost one disc and it was brand new so my name/number weren't on it yet :doh:
I have found a bunch of discs though with some varied results:
1: Found a Discraft XPress Elite (I think) on the ground right in front of the hole (how did he miss it?) - Texted the guy and we agreed to meet at a local course. Haven't actually met yet, though we have actually just missed one another a couple times.
2. Found a Discraft Buzz. I actually haven't contacted this guy yet, but I will (I promise!)
3.Found a brand new Innova Groove (stickers still on it in the basket at a course I was visiting. Already have a Groove (and I don't really like the feel of the lip) so I gave it to a friend who had lost two drivers that week.

Lastly, I found 2 discs yesterday! Both were labeled with names and numbers.
Innova R-Pro Beast so beaten up it was rough around the edges - texted the guy and he told me to keep it, so I gave it to another friend who had just lost his driver on the hole prior.
Innova Champion Roadrunner that I found near the practice baskets on the first hole. Called and texted the guy but still haven't gotten an answer. I even asked everybody I saw on the course that day if they were 'Eric' - the name on the disc.

So hopefully my returning discs and/or giving the ones I find to my friends will grant me with some disc karma :thmbup:

P.S. Are you Eric?? :confused:

A buddy of mine told me that he got a call today about 2 discs that he planted at the bottom of a lake over break. I had a champ aviar slide to the middle of the same lake when it was frozen over, but the disc didnt have my name on it. :doh:

would be nice to have that one back... but needless to say, i re-inked all my discs when i got home from the course today!

(there are some decent people out there still!)

Back in 02, or 03, I was sitting on a bench by hole number one on my local course, waiting for a buddy to come up from the parking lot. When a big group of younger kids come up to tee off, I notice one has my inked, tie-die, champ orc (no phone call received). I asked to see it, told him it was mine, he offered it back to me. I told him to keep it, hard to find colors, but anyway I got my first ace on the second hole after that. Disc Golf karma exists.:thmbup: