• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Possible new course needs YOUR help!

davetherocketguy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
What could be nicer? Come play a tourney and also take part in helping with getting a course installed. Here's the scoop:

http://www.discgolfscene.com/post/3...ity-disc-golf-tournament-october-19-2014-bent

This is a temporary course and I've gone over it with Larry so he could get my thoughts on it. All I can say is while it isn't a 500+ foot per hole gold level monster it will certainly be a lot of fun. If you play, you will be assisting us in getting a brand new course installed in a neglected part of the state right on the Saint Joseph River.

I am also too far away but if you start selling fundraiser discs or even player packs to non-tourney players a few of us out of staters might be able to help!

I really appreciate that folks. Actually, the best thing we can have are warm bodies at the event. The township stated that if we have 50 people at the tourney they will put in the course. Less than ten are currently signed up. I think the money is already there we just need them to give a green light to installation.

Ok that makes sense.

Maybe you need to hit the costume store and buy several disguises so you can sign up 4 times and play in different clothes. ;)

You will get your numbers. Most don't sign up until the week of the event. Keep banging that drum.

Facebook - yes....I think. I am not running it but I want a course there BADLY. Craigslist? People actually look for disc golf events on CL? I've never heard of that...

Anyways...this is my daily drum banging post. Only 42 more slots to fill up:

http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Temporary_Insanity_II_2014/registration

Play a tourney on a sweet temp course and help get a permanent one installed...Win win.

I used to live down in Berrien, about 10 minutes from there. I'll let my friends who still play there know abut this.

Good luck!

I used to live down in Berrien, about 10 minutes from there. I'll let my friends who still play there know abut this.

Good luck!

Thanks a bunch!

One thing I have always said is that not every parcel of land is well suited for a disc golf course. This one certainly is. It's fairly well forested and on a river with a nice touch of elevation change.

Make flyers and post them around town in as many places as you can. There may be a bunch of old timey discers that would be interested. Try schools as well...I'd think your local parks dept. would be especially stoked to see a ton of kids there.

Latest posts