• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a NOT cool disc golf photo

In golf, that is an automatic replay without penalty.:thmbup:

Good to know. I wonder how long it will stay up there. Gonna hate seeing it when I go back, kinda feels like leaving a fallen comrade on the field of battle.

So this sucked, 168g N Inertia that I was quite fond of. Gave myself an f'n Mulligan and actually played a pretty good round otherwise.
Probably harder to do than an Ace, the difference being: one you're trying to do, and one you're trying to avoid. :\

In golf, that is an automatic replay without penalty.:thmbup:

Really? Why would it be any different than stuck in a tree?

My home course is the one pictured (i'm pretty certain) a few pages back. I've hit the line a few times but never stuck... probably because I throw a harp at it VS a driver.

On the Ace commiseration side of this I had a buddy from work who has played off and on but very very rarely for a while. We recently started hitting some courses near our work, one of which is a pitch and putt. He hit a 120' ace with a ghost. In my head I was poo-pooing any ace I might hit on that course since it is a beginner pitch and putt... BUT... I have yet to hit one so... congrats to him though.

Really? Why would it be any different than stuck in a tree?

My home course is the one pictured (i'm pretty certain) a few pages back. I've hit the line a few times but never stuck... probably because I throw a harp at it VS a driver.

On the Ace commiseration side of this I had a buddy from work who has played off and on but very very rarely for a while. We recently started hitting some courses near our work, one of which is a pitch and putt. He hit a 120' ace with a ghost. In my head I was poo-pooing any ace I might hit on that course since it is a beginner pitch and putt... BUT... I have yet to hit one so... congrats to him though.

Hmm... I guess that isn't an actual rule. I went to look it up to find the origin of it. Apparently it is a commonly used "local rule" exemption that a course designer/official can choose to use if he wishes...

But I think it would fall under the "unmovable Man made obstruction" part as to why it would be used. I guess DG just doesn't have that since we are often around a lot of unmovable man made obstructions, lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think we've ever mentioned it specifically for tourney's or competitive rounds, but for sure a TD could designate it as such. BUT we are also in Northern California so 2 meter rule is always there and this is looked at as such an obstacle.

BTW on the getting it out side as I mentioned with the other pic. a slingshot can work but you need mass hitting that thing. Airsoft or pellet guns don't have the "stopping power" to move the disc. I like rocks that are as close to round as you can find and about the size of a "shooter" marble. In a marble pack the ones that are bigger than the standard ones.

I'd like to expand the weekend meet up. I've only played Sycamore Trails up that way. I will play Englewood on Dec. 1 in the flying for a cause Tourney. Anyway yes let's make a Dayton area round happen soon.

How'd monsoon golf go yesterday?;)

How'd monsoon golf go yesterday?;)

Wet! LOL but good all in all my partner and I ended up in a 3way the for 11st place. But eh end of it my throwing hand was numb and I was shivering, soaked and friggin over it! Got some funny money to spend at Hazy tho and was warmed up by the time we got there. All in all a good day.

Wet! LOL but good all in all my partner and I ended up in a 3way the for 11st place. But eh end of it my throwing hand was numb and I was shivering, soaked and friggin over it! Got some funny money to spend at Hazy tho and was warmed up by the time we got there. All in all a good day.

Where were scores posted? I haven't seen anything yet

So this sucked, 168g N Inertia that I was quite fond of. Gave myself an f'n Mulligan and actually played a pretty good round otherwise.

Returned to the scene of the crime and the damn thing is still there, I could almost here it calling for me to rescue it. Kinda screwed with my mojo seeing it up there, early released my drive but scrambled for par.