• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

315313_3959498317981_275541572_n.jpg

These are my boys. Mikey in the front (2 yo wiener/chichuahua mix) and Wally in the back (4 yo terrier/chihuahua mix). Neither will ever go on the course with us. They're not exactly people friendly. Plus the little one is afraid of discs. No idea why. They have come out in the field with us, though, and that just wipes them out! That's also the only time that Mikey insists on being with me vs my husband. Normally he's Mikey's person and I'm Wally's 100% (which I'm okay with because Wally's my little buddy and one of the best dogs ever!)

f155635b.jpg

Okay, that inspired me to post a pic of my wiener mix (momma was a bulldog). This is "Little Frankie No-No", aka Frank. He loves children, kids, peanut butter stuffed kongs, and air conditioning. Frank can go about nine holes when the temperature is below 80 degrees, so he hasn't been out much this summer.

Last edited:
Spot on IC. The Oatmeal is brilliant! I just picked up both his books, and they're just as good as what he has on his site.

Swetest dogs I've owned. All of them I've had quiet, and eager to be with you. Some have been a bit skittish. Casey was not. None of mine have been aggressive. I think they would do ok on a course if leashed. Sight hounds have exceptional vision and will bolt for that squirrel down the fairway....and possibly catch it. Most seem tolerant of kids.

Great breed, but I absolutely biased.

thats a great looking dog, sorry for your loss,

by the way how are greyhounds, been planning on getting one

This is Bristol. She is part crazy as ****, and red Siberian Husky. I only take her with me when I'm solo. She chases everything, attacks other dogs, wont listen & tries to pull whatever I attach her to out of the ground. I still love her though. :)

Attachments

• Bristol 1.jpg
    Bristol 1.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Bristol 2.jpg
    Bristol 2.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 72
Here is my current disc dog. I miss living in Knoxville where I could go to Groves Park and let her run loose on the most dog friendly disc golf course I have ever been to. She won't stay near me if there are other dogs on the course. She has to be friends with all of them.
74169_10150316534670581_617512_n.jpg

Here she is on my practice at home.
408535_10152133435125581_967460777_n.jpg

Oscar

Here are some pictures of my BFF!
He's getting better at sniffing out discs in the weeds and loves to help me retrieve them when they are in a tough spot -- steep bank, shallow water, etc.
He is extremely smart and has been really easy to train.
Everyone always asks what type of dog he is, but I don't know.
He was dumped in the back of my truck (in my driveway, no less) a little over 2 years ago.
So far it's worked out pretty good for everyone!
I've taken with me to a few tournaments and everyone has been extremely complimentary of him and how well behaved he is.
He doesn't chase discs unless he gets the OK from me.
He's also money at the short putts.
P2180803.jpg

100_0987.jpg

100_1013.jpg

100_1214.jpg
100_0807.jpg

Griffin and I out at the course:

griff2.jpg

Here's him sittin' like a person:

griff1.jpg

Hanging with BennettUA's pups:

griff4.jpg