• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

who doesnt love a basset hound??? ;)

i wish i still had my yelllow lab....my gf and i raised him from a pup and now hes a little over a year old....i work on pipelines and so i travel a lot..at the moment he is staying at my grandpa's house because we're in a small apt with a baby on the way, not the best place for a 115lb dog:( but once this lease is over im prolly goin back home and getting a house with a yard that way i can get him back....he loved to go play golf, he would sit behind the pad and wait for you to throw and then would chase the disc...he would never pick it up though, he would usually go and sit at it, or run back and forth between you and the disc like he was showing you the way....

heres a pic from when he was a pup, of course he's a lot bigger now
picture.php

He was a cute pup

My roommate has a Basset Hound/Shepherd mix. One of her nicknames is the "Little Rhino" because she uses her HUGE schnoz to push her roommates around. Got a really thick skull, too -- you don't want to get bopped in the chin with it. For all her "hardheadedness" she's a sweethearted dog herself, and has tons of joie de vivre. She's got the classic Basset ears and some of the sad-eyed look as well, which only adds to her charm. His other dog is a Lab/Chow mix. I wonder what I should add to that mix when I'm ready for my next dog?

Not the greatest pic, but the only one I have of all 3.

Left to Right
Cy - Boxer
Baby - French Bulldog (she's kinda camouflaged)
Buster - French Bulldog

3dogs.jpg

Tino (Valentino was a Vday gift from ex gf) has been on a course since he was 8 weeks old. We have been all over the U.S., travel for work. When I say golf he's always ready to go. Mt. Rushmore in the bg. Tino and his buddy Bruce (the grt dane) in Fla. and making sure I don't leave with out him.

Attachments

• tino_040.jpg
    tino_040.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 345
  • HPIM7981.jpg
    HPIM7981.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 368
  • mt.rush,czhrs (7).jpg
    mt.rush,czhrs (7).jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 301
This is Lucy! She just got skunked, and smell like old cheese, but we love her. She is too hyper for me to take her disc golfing. Everytime I throw a disc, she runs it down and picks it up... Kinda not good unless she drops it near the basket.

n501774531_2228035_7371923.jpg

This is Cassie! She is laid back, calm, and the best caddy for disc golf. She stays by your side and loves to be outside. You can bet that if I play, she is with me.

n501774531_690274_556.jpg

How do you keep a Great Dane from eating off your counters, or burning his tongue on the stove?

Nobody likes my Basset Hound? Here name is Daisy. She is too old to go with me, but she would love to. She can only walk for so long. She slipped a disc in her back last year and lost the use of her back legs. After lots of medication from the vet, and rehabilitation, she can use her back legs again, but she can only walk for about 20 minutes and she has to be off her feet for a while. I wish she could come to the course with me, because she loves people, dogs, and especially kids. She is very social. She is 10 years old, and one of the coolest dogs I have ever had. I am so happy she got her back better, because the vet said that she might have lost the use of her legs for good. She is doing fine now, but we have to be careful with her.

Picture034.jpg

Midnight -- my disc dog (well, okay, she's only gone with me once) also slipped a disc in her back about three years ago. She's nearly nine now and it took quite a bit of rehab, but, for the most part, she's back to her normal self. I've found that giving her glucosamine chews helps a TON! You might try them -- my vet no longer carries them, so I get them from 1800petmeds.com. The brand I initially used is Synovi G3, but they have a generic one now, which is slightly cheaper. We sometimes have to do a round of steroids (usually about once a year), but she usually does pretty well. I'll have to post a pic later. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there for you, in case you haven't already tried it!

I'll have to see if I can find a pic of my Brittany Spaniel - Rudy. I don't take him golfing very often because he's still a spazmoid at 10 years old and is really only into chasing anything with wings so discs bore him. My Aussie Shepherd mix is the most awesome caddy, great advice and would throw herself in front of a screaming Boss to save me!

Great thread Crit! Having played numerous rounds with Owen I can testify to his Rock Star status on the course!

One of our course regulars brings a "Labradoodle" to the course. For those of you who have never heard of this, it's a cross between a Labrador Retriever and a Standard Poodle. They don't shed, love people, are very intelligent and don't shed.
The dog follows him around the course with the discs in a doggie saddlebag, never strays. Also, the dog is trained to pull the putter out of the basket when the player is done, and will put the putter in the basket, and take it back out, if it's a drop in.
We all love the dog and the owner doesn't bring him along during competitions.

who doesnt love a basset hound??? ;)

i wish i still had my yelllow lab....my gf and i raised him from a pup and now hes a little over a year old....i work on pipelines and so i travel a lot..at the moment he is staying at my grandpa's house because we're in a small apt with a baby on the way, not the best place for a 115lb dog:( but once this lease is over im prolly goin back home and getting a house with a yard that way i can get him back....he loved to go play golf, he would sit behind the pad and wait for you to throw and then would chase the disc...he would never pick it up though, he would usually go and sit at it, or run back and forth between you and the disc like he was showing you the way....

heres a pic from when he was a pup, of course he's a lot bigger now
picture.php

"Who be puttin dey kools out on the flor? Who been puttin dey kools out on my flor?"

How about now

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 193
  • cheif and port A 2008 014.jpg
    cheif and port A 2008 014.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 233
picture.php
aww lol hes a cute boxer...here is my friends..I dog sat for her this weekend..he likes to fetch and im kinda scared to throw a disc in case he might try to pick it up and bring it back to me lol...his name is icon..forgot to add that lol

Latest posts