• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

Ordered two Paige Pierce 4x Classic Deputys, and they finally came in the mail today. Took them to the Practice Basket along with two Classic Wardens. I'll post a write-up of the fieldwork on the Deputy thread, but I'll say here that I see why Paige Pierce likes putting with these.

Bought a TI buzzz off my friend today. Really liking the feel of TI plastic..probably my favorite at the moment.

Attachments

• 20171024_152347_Burst01.jpg
    20171024_152347_Burst01.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 35
Mixed bag alert:

1. 2015 Halloween Star Thunderbird (ebay)
2. MVP Neutron Resistor (PIAS)
3. Big Z Roach (ebay)
4. 400G PA4 (DiscBaron)
5. 2017 Halloween Buzzz Mini (DiscBaron)

All plastic (except mini) around 174-175g. Last 2017 splurge. I'm officially done buying plastic for the year.

Attachments

• IMG_1277.jpg
    IMG_1277.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 38
9fb146b23b53b003a9a68a118291ce1a.jpg

Added a few p2s to the lineup. Winter has set in here, so indoor putting practice is my main priority. Needed a few extras to maximize efficiency. Had to get an eagle stamp too, just couldn't help myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Innova proshop got more of my money.
Picked up the Des Reading Stingray. A g star leopard, and one of the 150 - 164 weight pro gazelles.
Wanted to get another Gazelle before they, and these plastics disappear. Be interesting to see how the lighter pro plastic throws in comparison to the year seasoned dx's, and a tuned gstar; which are in the 167 - 172 range. The 168 dx can do things both the 171 g star, and the 172 dx can only imagine. I want that disc in a better plastic.
Of course. As I try to limit my molds; I get two new ones with the leopard, and the stingray.

Got a Classic Paige Pierce Deputy in a light green. It has that "Burst" like pattern in the coloring. Looks good. Throws and putts like a Deputy.

Threw in another lightweight DX Polecat with the order. Light blue color. A bit more domey (and a wee and a wee tad more understable) than the first Polecat, not nearly as domey (and flippy understable) as the second one I got. Flew nicely, turned over reliably. Putted with it a couple of times: very straight at 20-25 ft. or so.

YAY FOR RING O' GATORS!!

Was able to snag a couple different color combo's!
Got some much needed backups!

Attachments

• gator rainbow foil - Copy.jpg
    gator rainbow foil - Copy.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 33
The P2 line is that the lower height Aviar?

Eagle stamp looks nice too.

I guess I would say it's a more rounded, beadless aviar. But where the aviar feel a minuscule amount concave. The p2 feels flat on the wing. The best hand feel I've found. And I only used beaded putters until now.

Just received 6 171g DX aviar3's. I have committed to my new putter mold for next year.

Also in the mail 5 new echo star teebirds, the older style stamp. Very excited I could get those before there are no more.

I guess I would say it's a more rounded, beadless aviar. But where the aviar feel a minuscule amount concave. The p2 feels flat on the wing. The best hand feel I've found. And I only used beaded putters until now.

If it is beadless then I might get one as a Driving putter if they make it in either C line or S line. I love the Classic Aviar and if this is like the classic Aviar then I might get one as I have wanted Innova to make the Classic Aviar in harder plastics for a driving putter for a while.

If it is beadless then I might get one as a Driving putter if they make it in either C line or S line. I love the Classic Aviar and if this is like the classic Aviar then I might get one as I have wanted Innova to make the Classic Aviar in harder plastics for a driving putter for a while.

They do make S-line and C-line P2s. I've got a couple of S-Line P2s, and they're great for approaches and driving.

Nice, then I might get that as a driving putter. I do use a Shark for that purpose now. I did use a Putter at one point for stuff but that same putter is now a uphill and downhill putter a floppier putter but not too flopy that was like a shallow height big bead Aviar that I am looking for a Innova or Discraft disc as a disc in to try to stay with those two brands. If worst case I will get a Soft Magnet for that uphill/downhill putting shot as I use the Jawbreaker 2 same weight and a old stiff Hard Pro D same weight and as my Main putters.

Last edited:
Nice, then I might get that as a driving putter. I do use a Shark for that purpose now. I did use a Putter at one point for stuff but that same putter is now a uphill and downhill putter a floppier putter but not too flopy that was like a shallow height big bead Aviar that I am looking for a Innova or Discraft disc as a disc in to try to stay with those two brands. If worst case I will get a Soft Magnet for that uphill/downhill putting shot as I use the Jawbreaker 2 same weight and a old stiff Hard Pro D same weight and as my Main putters.

Uhh... sure. Get an S-line p2 if you want long lasting plastic, though I throw a p-line with great effect as well. I like to cycle discs so I don't mind the gradual break in, but if you want something to stay the same for a while get it in S.

Uhh... sure. Get an S-line p2 if you want long lasting plastic, though I throw a p-line with great effect as well. I like to cycle discs so I don't mind the gradual break in, but if you want something to stay the same for a while get it in S.

Still not 100% on the disc as I use a Star Shark max weight in place of a driving putter right now. Still looking for a lower Profile Big bead Aviar in a true slightly floppy plastic, like a G Star Plasitc or R-Pro as a putter for Uphill and Downhill putting So I can get a new disc for this. My old one I still have is A Lightning U-2 or Upshot #2 in prostyle plastic but the ones left are not in a max weight from Got To Go Got To Throw that has those and I do not want to Have to wait for the brand to run out of the disc before I can get another in the weight I want. I might even go with a Magnet Pro D Soft for the disc as the Jawbraker 2 one as a longer putter other a shorter putter and an old Stiff Hard Pro D Magnet are my main putters and I would not have to change much with my play. I will get a P2 in harder S or C plastic if I desire to go back to having a driving putter, my U-2 was a driving putter as well as the function I still use it for. I like the Classic Aviar and if a P2 is very close to that disc I would get it as a driving putter, hate having a bead on a putter and then lower profile putters from Innova from the feel you might as well be using a putter style midrange.

Last edited:
Still not 100% on the disc as I use a Star Shark max weight in place of a driving putter right now. Still looking for a lower Profile Big bead Aviar in a true slightly floppy plastic, like a G Star Plasitc or R-Pro as a putter for Uphill and Downhill putting So I can get a new disc for this. My old one I still have is A Lightning U-2 or Upshot #2 in prostyle plastic but the ones left are not in a max weight from Got To Go Got To Throw that has those and I do not want to Have to wait for the brand to run out of the disc before I can get another in the weight I want. I might even go with a Magnet Pro D Soft for the disc as the Jawbraker 2 one as a longer putter other a shorter putter and an old Stiff Hard Pro D Magnet are my main putters and I would not have to change much with my play. I will get a P2 in harder S or C plastic if I desire to go back to having a driving putter, my U-2 was a driving putter as well as the function I still use it for. I like the Classic Aviar and if a P2 is very close to that disc I would get it as a driving putter, hate having a bead on a putter and then lower profile putters from Innova from the feel you might as well be using a putter style midrange.

Just try a S-line P2. If you like it, you're set. If not, pay it forward -or- sell it to one of these DGCR peeps...

My newest additions: max weight n volt (in a color i shouldn't even be able to lose) to compliment my 158 fission volt i currently bag, and a sweet looking plasma crave.

Attachments

• 20171128_082310.jpg
    20171128_082310.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20171128_082301.jpg
    20171128_082301.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 20
I have several Wizard putters and a Zuca Cart on its way to me. I waited until Friday for Infinite Discs to have there Gateway sale and grabbed a few putters in SSS and SB. I'm just getting back into disc golf but used to play a lot when I was younger. I was not sure about purchasing a disc golf cart but I have a fake right knee among other old sport related injuries so the idea of pulling or pushing my discs and having a nice built in chair to sit in when needed seemed like the way to go.

I have several Wizard putters and a Zuca Cart on its way to me. I waited until Friday for Infinite Discs to have there Gateway sale and grabbed a few putters in SSS and SB. I'm just getting back into disc golf but used to play a lot when I was younger. I was not sure about purchasing a disc golf cart but I have a fake right knee among other old sport related injuries so the idea of pulling or pushing my discs and having a nice built in chair to sit in when needed seemed like the way to go.

I wouldn't use a cart for most regular/practice rounds. But I would love one for tournaments where you get long hot days, enough distance that you don't want to carry your discs and enough waiting that you want that built in seat.

With your knee you might enjoy the cart all the time!! Welcome back!

Latest posts