• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

After being good and not buying any new discs for a while I made a mistake of walking into a brick & mortar shop as this release was happening... Oh well.

VK4hJxI.png

Bottom row is sweet, especially the one on the right.

My latest purchase. They are really long for a putter, but so buttery smooth and consistent. One of my new favorite molds. Silver stamp went in the bag and the blue stamp will be the backup.

UOBkHYUl.jpg

4 good ol fashioned dx rancho rocs. two bottom stamp and two with the glide stamp from the best shop in the world. all have a nice moderate dome not too domey. can't wait to revisit an old friend.

IMAG0799_zpsaxzsuryb.jpg

Finally snagged a premium gazelle in a weight I want. I was hoping it would be flatter and more os than the one I currently have, but it has the same plh and dome. Oh well! I need backups.

Dude that shipped this was a G, too. I got it off eBay for like 16$, came with cardboard backing and all.

IMAG0799_zpsaxzsuryb.jpg

Finally snagged a premium gazelle in a weight I want. I was hoping it would be flatter and more os than the one I currently have, but it has the same plh and dome. Oh well! I need backups.

Dude that shipped this was a G, too. I got it off eBay for like 16$, came with cardboard backing and all.

I've been deciding if I wanted that one, just missed an auction on another sweet one tonight.

Here is my latest buy. I'm working more understable, higher speeds into my repertoire and I do like some millennium. The red with black stamp is an Astra X and is straight beefy! I like it more than my firebird right now.
The other 2 pair nicely, and are very nice fliers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 50
http://imgur.com/QhqUxM8

Decided to try out MVP/Axiom (also recently got a Soft N Proxy blue+green rim), and been hearing good things about Daredevil. Just testing discs out to see what makes the bag. Here's the full list:
  • 175 Neutron Shock (magenta)
  • 175 Neutron Volt (neon yellow)
  • 175 Neutron Amp (blue)
  • 174 Neutron Resistor (hot pink)
  • 174 Neutron Crave (sky blue+ pink rim)
  • 178 Neutron Alias (pink+ white rim)
  • 172 Neutron Theory (robins egg blue+ pink rim)
  • 174 Neutron Envy (neon yellow+ blue rim)
  • 174 Timberwolf (orange)
  • 175 Star TL (blue)
  • 175 Titanium Zone (orange)
  • [Missing, 175 Star Teebird, Avery Jenkins signature (pink)]

Epic is weird, I threw one for a bit and on OH shots could occasionally hit 450 with it. On any other shot it was useless unless I tuned it to be uber OS for FH one FH shot. Then you'd have to tune it again.

Honestly if the plastic wasn't so bunk it's a least a fun gimmick if not a super useful one.

Picked up 2 San Marino 2 ring aviars from a buddy. These are my first 2 of the old runs, man I love these. They're beat nicely. Went straight to the bag.

Isn't the epic just made to Tomahawk?

I remember I met some guy who bagged one and he let me really rip a Tommy with it, and it flew pretty nice.

Tho I don't throw nearly enough Tomahawks to keep one in my bag,

I took it out last night and hit a few big drives with it though the accuracy is crazy all over the place. If you don't get enough snap on it then its headed for the ground pretty fast. Ahhh well I'll play with it somemore before it becomes an addition to the trunk of my car.

Epic is weird, I threw one for a bit and on OH shots could occasionally hit 450 with it. On any other shot it was useless unless I tuned it to be uber OS for FH one FH shot. Then you'd have to tune it again.

Honestly if the plastic wasn't so bunk it's a least a fun gimmick if not a super useful one.

My buddy and I grabbed one of the Discraft Z line plastic misprint packs, 10 discs on sale for 49.99 and split them. Ended up with a Predator, Nuke, Buzzz OS, Comet, and Crank. Not bad for 5 bucks a disc. Also grabbed the 2014 Ace Race pack so got 2 Heats with the custom logo, the buzzz towel, bag tag, mini, hat, and sticker for 25 bucks. And because I'm a plastic buying nut I grabbed a blowfly when I stopped at Scheels to add to the putter pile. I may have a problem........

Last edited:

Latest posts