• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

Dang dude, that's a hella stack of Roaches!
Yeah, ordered a bunch hoping to get some colors I wanted and then sell off the rest. Didn't expect a majority to be colors I didn't want...

I know Discraft doesn't do color requests, but you'd think a simple "anything but gray and purple" could be met.

Testing out the Punisher, and ordered some replacements so I don't have to worry about losing discs.
4284eeedda2544edf936bf348ddd8f5c.jpg

After searching for a while I stumbled upon two cheap almost mint first gen Saint Pro!
Finally I have an even better argument for cycling this great mold.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0746.jpg
    DSC_0746.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 124
I just got into Disc golf 2 weeks ago. I bought a starter set, and went out with a friend and threw those and some of his discs. I realized I need to try out a bunch of different discs, so I went onto ebay and bought a bunch of really cheap lots (good quality used discs for $5-6 a disc average)

So I ended up buying 26 discs, I got my first 10 yesterday, a set of 6 is coming friday and 12 coming Monday. This should have me set for a while as I learn what I like to throw. I can post pictures of the actual discs when I get them all. The first 10 are in pretty great quality, 7/10-9/10 depending on the disc.

Here is a screenshot of my list (the DX Aviar, Shark, and Leopard are the starter set):
dSwecT2.png

I just got into Disc golf 2 weeks ago. I bought a starter set, and went out with a friend and threw those and some of his discs. I realized I need to try out a bunch of different discs, so I went onto ebay and bought a bunch of really cheap lots (good quality used discs for $5-6 a disc average)

So I ended up buying 26 discs, I got my first 10 yesterday, a set of 6 is coming friday and 12 coming Monday. This should have me set for a while as I learn what I like to throw. I can post pictures of the actual discs when I get them all. The first 10 are in pretty great quality, 7/10-9/10 depending on the disc.

Here is a screenshot of my list (the DX Aviar, Shark, and Leopard are the starter set)

You are about to have a LOT of fun trying out all those discs! :thmbup:

(Well, except for the Grooves :( )

To Daegalus,
The Groves Are Worthless to players as is the Daedalus, Innova does not make these discs well. The discs have to be 100% exact to every single measurement or they fly diffrent enough that they fly like different discs. It is impossible to have discs 100% even down to tiniest detail unless they were made in the same exact type of environment Microchips are made in. These disc are grabage that usually new players buy or those who know nothing of discs made after 2005 including new plastic types, and want a max distance disc. I got a Daedalus for my brother for his birthday back in 2014. This year he tried the Daedalus and he said the disc is just odd, you need to have this one exact speed or power to throw the disc at, then I asked or use it in 50MPH+ downwind? He said yes but that is f***ing dumb as nobody plays in those conditions, they often cancel tournaments if winds that strong. The Grove I just found through this websites posts that disc needs all micro parts of the measurements to be accurate from one disc to the next and this is impossible or each disc will act as a totally different disc in flight.

Last edited:
Man, I really wish you would have come here and asked us what you should use to get started before doing that.

Ya, I got a little excited, but worst case, is I put the ones I don't like back up on eBay. Im not too upset. i got 26 discs for a little over $100.

As for the 0 weights on the spreadsheet, thats because I don't have their weights yet, they weren't on the eBay listing so I couldn't put them in. The first 10 i got are the only ones with weights because the seller had all the weights in the description.

Either way, i understand my mistake now, but its a bit late. But I will throw a bunch of them, and the ones I don't like go back on eBay.

Its the cheapest way for me to try out a bunch of discs to figure out what I like.

I have a strong suspicion i would like Straight Stable discs the most, and only have overstable and understable for when they are needed. But we will see. I am gonna spend a few hours on Saturday throwing the first 16 discs, and then the other 12 next weekend.

Though, I am hoping that once I start narrowing down what I like, you guys would be able to help me get a better pinpoint on discs that fit me. Maybe some outside the Innova line, as at the moment, thats all I know. But would be up for finding good DGA, MVP, Discraft, etc discs. I hear the DGA Squall and Hellfire are nice, and the Discraft Buzz

Last edited:
Ya, I got a little excited, but worst case, is I put the ones I don't like back up on eBay. Im not too upset. i got 26 discs for a little over $100.

As for the 0 weights on the spreadsheet, thats because I don't have their weights yet, they weren't on the eBay listing so I couldn't put them in. The first 10 i got are the only ones with weights because the seller had all the weights in the description.

Either way, i understand my mistake now, but its a bit late. But I will throw a bunch of them, and the ones I don't like go back on eBay.

Its the cheapest way for me to try out a bunch of discs to figure out what I like.

I have a strong suspicion i would like Straight Stable discs the most, and only have overstable and understable for when they are needed. But we will see. I am gonna spend a few hours on Saturday throwing the first 16 discs, and then the other 12 next weekend.

You'll have fun and learn some stuff, that's for sure! I don't know how serious you are about DG and playing long term/goals, but if you're thinking of diving down the rabbit hole, get yourself an X Comet. Fantastic learning tool. There is a ton of useful info here if you so desire.

You'll have fun and learn some stuff, that's for sure! I don't know how serious you are about DG and playing long term/goals, but if you're thinking of diving down the rabbit hole, get yourself an X Comet. Fantastic learning tool. There is a ton of useful info here if you so desire.

Oh I quite enjoy disc golf. So I do want to get serious about it. I will look into an X Comet and see how it is after I narrow down some. And I do want this to be a long term game for me. I dont think I will ever be pro level, but I do want to get good at it.

Though, I am hoping that once I start narrowing down what I like, you guys would be able to help me get a better pinpoint on discs that fit me. Maybe some outside the Innova line, as at the moment, thats all I know. But would be up for finding good DGA, MVP, Discraft, etc discs. I hear the DGA Squall and Hellfire are nice, and the Discraft Buzz

Your already have enough distance drivers for now. They will be fun for you to learn and throw, though soon you are going to find they are hard to work at shorter distances. On your next round of purchases I would recommend sticking to midranges and fairway drivers. A few of these have been mentioned, but a few molds worth trying would be, Buzzz, Roc, Comet, fuse, MD3 or MD2, and for fairways I recommend Teebird, Mantis, FD, leopard, cheetah, saint pro, river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I went out disc throwing today, got the 5x grooves and 1x monarch to arrive, and I do have to say, i do not like the inconsistency of the grooves. They are all over the place. Im keeping them for now, but I regret getting this lot. Though the Monarch flies pretty nice for me. So i guess thats a small save.

So far my best discs are Terns, Leopard3, Leopard, Banshee and a 148g Krait. Pretty ok Destroyer too. And I like the XCalibur but majority of my throws leave low, and it just glides slightly above the ground and falls short. I think I need to figure out how to properly throw it.

Other than the grooves, I do not like the Whippet.

Latest posts