• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

I'm happy to say, I honestly can't remember the last disc I paid money for. Don't think I've bought a disc in over 2 years. :)

I hope to get to that point because I know I have enough plastic already. But I haven't played an organized round of golf since Sept '19 so I justify buying new discs because I'm not wasting on tourneys. I felt bad at first about buying a premium Fierce on eBay for $55 but it's starting to be one of my favorite throwers. Can't stop the addiction.

I'm happy to say, I honestly can't remember the last disc I paid money for. Don't think I've bought a disc in over 2 years. :)

I really enjoy hunting the used disc bin at play it again sports. I've found some gems that I bought for $6-8 and sold for $30 and up. I'm still substantially in the red for disc golf but this addiction is way cheaper than drugs or alcohol or mountain biking or ball golf so....there's that

I picked up a Gstar Boss 169g. I've been throwing a Defender, which on paper is the same disc. In reality, it's also the same disc. Boss is flat, Defender is dome, but flight is interchangeable.

After decades away I bought a box of F2s. Gotta say, WOW. Things have changed and so has what's left of my arm. It will take a while to regain/sort this out for sure, but what I see is so impressive. I can see some resistance bands in my future for sure.

Star Destroyer 175—thought it would be way too much disc, and it is, but I get surprisingly consistent shots with more control than I expected. It turns over and makes a nice S shaped flight if I throw it right.

Star TeeBird 173—not feeling it really, but it's going to take time with this plastic so the jury is out.

Pro Wraith 175—thought I would probably stick with this but so far the Star Destroyer is longer, which isn't very long.

DX Roc3 176—OK, this is just a freakin' fantastic thing. I've already got my eye out for a KC 168 or so to compare. Never thrown a bead and I don't mind it at all.

DX Aviar P&A 150—It's lighter than I might have chosen but it's a classic for a reason. I never had a disc that was this straight.

Blizzard Champion Destroyer 150—Nope. No idea. I thought I might backhand this thing. I'll keep trying.

? Mako3 171—Star? Champ? IDK. This was the freebie. It's a real straight disc, too. Time will tell...

Eraser Wizard 175—Yep. This I love. It is getting chewed up pretty quick but this is the best putter I've ever owned. Kinda unbelievable.

Thoughts: Discs are so much better now. My arm is garbage. My form is garbage. I'm sticking to field work daily for a while and forcing myself to work backhand. These wide rims—Destroyer, Wraith, TeeBird—are not something I was ready for. I am so inconsistent it's funny. I am having to work out my grip and it's just ridiculous. I have never been able to get a golf disc to skip and I really am amazed to see these take an extra hop. If my body holds out this is gonna be a fantastic journey. I am going to keep watching Dave Dunipace and tell myself that form will get me there.

I think if I were hitting a local course today I'd do fine with the Roc3 and the Wizard.

Last edited:
Purchased and tournament winnings from this last weekend:

Two - MyDye Opto Pure
Two - Glimmer Lucid-X Verdict
Two - Neutron Envy with swirly cores
Two - Classic EMac Judge
One - Glimmer SE Evader
Three - First Run Lucid Evader
Three - MyDye Lucid Felons

Today I received my Halo Wraith.

With no competitive tournament rounds for another month, I am going to be rocking just the above discs to break them in.

Picked up some Escapes to try, and some Voodoos in nifty plastics.

Attachments

• 20210528_083337.jpg
    20210528_083337.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 33
After decades away I bought a box of F2s. Gotta say, WOW. Things have changed and so has what's left of my arm. It will take a while to regain/sort this out for sure, but what I see is so impressive. I can see some resistance bands in my future for sure.

Star Destroyer 175—thought it would be way too much disc, and it is, but I get surprisingly consistent shots with more control than I expected. It turns over and makes a nice S shaped flight if I throw it right.

Star TeeBird 173—not feeling it really, but it's going to take time with this plastic so the jury is out.

Pro Wraith 175—thought I would probably stick with this but so far the Star Destroyer is longer, which isn't very long.

DX Roc3 176—OK, this is just a freakin' fantastic thing. I've already got my eye out for a KC 168 or so to compare. Never thrown a bead and I don't mind it at all.

DX Aviar P&A 150—It's lighter than I might have chosen but it's a classic for a reason. I never had a disc that was this straight.

Blizzard Champion Destroyer 150—Nope. No idea. I thought I might backhand this thing. I'll keep trying.

? Mako3 171—Star? Champ? IDK. This was the freebie. It's a real straight disc, too. Time will tell...

Eraser Wizard 175—Yep. This I love. It is getting chewed up pretty quick but this is the best putter I've ever owned. Kinda unbelievable.

Thoughts: Discs are so much better now. My arm is garbage. My form is garbage. I'm sticking to field work daily for a while and forcing myself to work backhand. These wide rims—Destroyer, Wraith, TeeBird—are not something I was ready for. I am so inconsistent it's funny. I am having to work out my grip and it's just ridiculous. I have never been able to get a golf disc to skip and I really am amazed to see these take an extra hop. If my body holds out this is gonna be a fantastic journey. I am going to keep watching Dave Dunipace and tell myself that form will get me there.

I think if I were hitting a local course today I'd do fine with the Roc3 and the Wizard.

Just a heads up - factory store has KC pro Rocs DX cheetahs. Also Gstar eagle L's. Cheetahs and Eagle L's would probably be perfect fairways for form work

Just a heads up - factory store has KC pro Rocs DX cheetahs. Also Gstar eagle L's. Cheetahs and Eagle L's would probably be perfect fairways for form work

I'll have a look. I've been pushing the Tee Bird into my game and feel like it is making me work on my posture. These new plastics are interesting. My DX Roc3 is already beat in pretty well after a week. I could crack the rim on in at any time, but it will hold a nice easy anhyzer line. Star plastic is another story. Neighborhood course has all sorts of low trees so I'm smashing a bunch of burner shots into the ground. I need some fairway driver that's a bit overstable. That's a hole in the bag, but the DX Roc3 and a light Aviar P&A are getting it done on these short, tree heavy holes.

flight-paths-3.jpg

I've been putting the same putters since 2016, X soft or Jawbreaker Banger GT, the Viking Rune(specifically only in Ground plastic) unseated it for my putting putter and is putting work in to kick my Judges out for throwing putters as well. The best plastic blend I've ever felt for a putter. My last two just got here from Infinite, super happy with how consistent the weights and molds are.

picture.php

Last edited:
Just bought a DX Roc and a DX Cobra, and a glow Aviar, which I didnt notice the lack of weight of (168 grabbed the wrong one) until i got it onto the course. So I gave it to a little girl and made her day. Got a call that my James Conrad putters just arrived,

Newest disc that came in the mail recently was a Gateway Hyper Diamond Superglow Spear.

Now I all I need is a glow midrange and I think I'm all set for night disc golfing.

Mail call today with two soft Envies, a soft Nomad and 750 A2. On the verge of retiring an Envy so these will make nice replacements.

Attachments

• CD3CE575-515C-4BCF-A0D3-4408B36A6BA8.jpg
    CD3CE575-515C-4BCF-A0D3-4408B36A6BA8.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts