• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

Used to be a Zone guy, then my bag evolved into super mold minimal nonsense. Been doing all my approaches (FH included) with JK Aviars. Felt these up today and the flat top + firm grippy plastic suckered me in. Feels way better in both grips to me than a Zone, gonna see if I've been missing out by not having a cheat code beefy putter in the bag.
486abc8b4bbe415a918911442340f3f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Picked up a couple discs for the first time this year at Glide this week:

174 FF PL Hypercane (backup)
175 BigZ Predator (fresh for rotation)
174 ESP Surge Ledgestone
174 Swirl ESP Surge (Chandler Fry TS)

Picked up a couple discs for the first time this year at Glide this week:

174 FF PL Hypercane (backup)
175 BigZ Predator (fresh for rotation)
174 ESP Surge Ledgestone
174 Swirl ESP Surge (Chandler Fry TS)

Man, I don't remember Surges being as glideless and overstable as the 2 I bought are. Like, easily a good 30' shorter than hurricanes even when thrown on a flex line. Years ago when I carried them, the old ESP Surges used to be pretty good, and Z was the more overstable compliment. Maybe it's rose-colored glasses

Man, I don't remember Surges being as glideless and overstable as the 2 I bought are. Like, easily a good 30' shorter than hurricanes even when thrown on a flex line. Years ago when I carried them, the old ESP Surges used to be pretty good, and Z was the more overstable compliment. Maybe it's rose-colored glasses

I was curious about these. I still have three old ESP Surges that are great, truly a slightly US glidey Wraith. I never liked them in Z. I gave up trying to find them and went all in on the Wraith.

I honestly don't like any of the newer ESP. Older ESP wasn't as firm and slick.

3 Neutron Dimensions(all peach 173, backups)
3 Electron Nomads(pink 175s, trying to switch my putting putters to something from mvp)
Neutron Entropy, orange 175(Plasma has lost some stability)
Neutron Deflector, peach 176(haven't tried before. Looking to fill the gap between Entropy and Motion)

Curious to find this thread so far back.

Just ordered:
DX Sidewinder - to quickly beat into a roller
Gstar Sidewinder - Loving the mold so I wanna try some more plastic
Pro Thunderbird - Wanna see if these are as nice as my Pro Wraiths
DX Thunderbird - Interested to see if it flies nice

Still resisting the urge to buy a Toro. I generally buy very few tour series discs so I am trying to hold out for some new plastic. Also saw some bottom stamp Pigs on Marshall Street. They look so nice, but they too are a sort of tour series.

Curious to find this thread so far back.

Just ordered:
DX Sidewinder - to quickly beat into a roller
Gstar Sidewinder - Loving the mold so I wanna try some more plastic
Pro Thunderbird - Wanna see if these are as nice as my Pro Wraiths
DX Thunderbird - Interested to see if it flies nice

Still resisting the urge to buy a Toro. I generally buy very few tour series discs so I am trying to hold out for some new plastic. Also saw some bottom stamp Pigs on Marshall Street. They look so nice, but they too are a sort of tour series.
DX and Pro are both nice Thunderbirds as long as you go in knowing they'll beat in quick.

DX and Pro are both nice Thunderbirds as long as you go in knowing they'll beat in quick.

Excellent news. Going to use the DX strictly for open field shots with no trees in sight. When it gets flippy it will be a water hazard safety net. Though, being in California there is no water anyways so it should be safe. Pro will give me a good idea if I should cycle those or MOLFs.

2022 Ledgestone Midnight Cryztal Buzz
2022 Ledgestone Cryztal Comet
2022 Icon Team MJ swirly ESP Comet

More coming in the mail as I type lol

Attachments

• C119076D-5D68-45ED-9CB0-9AC8B9339622.jpg
    C119076D-5D68-45ED-9CB0-9AC8B9339622.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 1FC89C56-3A8A-4FD9-8577-B85ED4DEB073.jpg
    1FC89C56-3A8A-4FD9-8577-B85ED4DEB073.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 9471F4EF-E632-4962-87B2-E75CAD580247.jpg
    9471F4EF-E632-4962-87B2-E75CAD580247.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 15
Marshall Street has DGA discounted right now so I got a Proline Quake and SP line Rift. Of course you gotta spend 55 for free shipping so I picked up a Star Sidewinder and S line Dynasty to total up to 55.19. Also got a Z Sol off eBay for 12 bucks.

And all this because I chucked my Verdict in the drink :p

I really don't buy plastic anymore. I seem to gather piles via tournaments. I am all in on lightweight discs, at the moment though. I just ponied up the cash for three Air D2's. 157,158 and 159 gm, respectively. I am excited to see how they fly. I currently am using a 154 VIP Air King as my primary driver. We will see if they can replace those. Those Kings have glide for days, so I am not sure how this will go.

I stopped by Dynamic Discs in Carrollton, Tx this weekend. I left with a Kristin Tattar grace in the grand orbit plastic, and another grace in the royal grand plastic. I also grabbed a new mason ford getaway, and a luckd moonshine trespass.
There was a titanium heat on the used shelf so I grabbed that too.

Wraiths, Wraiths, and more Wraiths.

I bought a couple of used Wraiths early this summer. One is a Halo Gurthie that I love for flex shots, getting around corners, or just max distance in the wind. The other was a Star that very quickly became my max distance driver. I was getting it out around 375 consistently on forehand drives. Lost it over a fence and tried to replace it with some MVP and Axiom 11 speeds. They all feel great and fly great, but were consistently 25' - 30' shorter.

So on Friday I picked up an F2 GStar Wraith in max weight from a local shop, then splurged and picked up a bunch of other Wraiths from the Innova Factory store while they had the Stars on sale. 5 new F2 Wraiths and a Freebie Friday Tern should be delivered today.

Wraiths, Wraiths, and more Wraiths.

I bought a couple of used Wraiths early this summer. One is a Halo Gurthie that I love for flex shots, getting around corners, or just max distance in the wind. The other was a Star that very quickly became my max distance driver. I was getting it out around 375 consistently on forehand drives. Lost it over a fence and tried to replace it with some MVP and Axiom 11 speeds. They all feel great and fly great, but were consistently 25' - 30' shorter.

So on Friday I picked up an F2 GStar Wraith in max weight from a local shop, then splurged and picked up a bunch of other Wraiths from the Innova Factory store while they had the Stars on sale. 5 new F2 Wraiths and a Freebie Friday Tern should be delivered today.

They have arrived. Bonus Halloween stamp on the Tern too.

Attachments

• 833E1DE6-5FC1-4E37-AECF-0C5E16B0DB57.jpg
    833E1DE6-5FC1-4E37-AECF-0C5E16B0DB57.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 36
Bought 2 Gstar Corvettes, a Star TL, a JK Aviar, a DX Teebird 3 (in blue since my current gold one cant be seen amongst the yellow leaves) and FINALLY (thanks supply shortages) was able to buy a neon colored Star Thunderbird as a replacement for my 2x Champ McBeth.

In the past week picked up:

Cloudbreaker flies best with the wind coming left to right (I'm LHBH) with some distance fade and big skips, today's wind on the practice field was about 15 mph. Earlier in the week no wind, not much of anything.

Neutron Defy was a surprise, I was expecting it to fly best with wind left to right, but much better right to left. First time on practice field today, not sure without wind.

Went back to a Neutron Excite after a three month absent when I had traded the first one for a Plasma Octane. Nothing wrong with the Octane except it flies to much like my Neutron Relativity with a little fade. I had been missing the Excite with the big fade skips with wind left to right and when I saw one in the store yesterday, I traded the Octane for it. The Excite flew today just like it did three months ago and will be a great compliment to the Relativity.

Expecting 20 mph winds on my next rounds Tuesday in Virginia Beach, the Cloudbreaker and Defy will be used as a second throw to get a feel on the course, the Excite will be pulled first as needed since I already know what to expect. Looking forward to Tuesday.

Today was the first time seeing this thread, too bad I didn't see it back in April when I started changing my bag from primarily Innova to MVP/Axiom. I've gone thru at least a few dozen discs. The people at PIAS now use my first name to say hello when I walk thru the door. I've almost completed the turnover, its been a fun process.

Last edited:
Been really backing off buying new plastic but the Handeye Halloween stamp with the black cats was too tempting. Picked up one of the glow Maidens.

I'd love to bag it and throw it but it would have to fight for a spot against my electron Envy.

Picked up a Glow Tern Saturday, some practice field with it after purchase and today. Very consistent LHBH left center fairway. Looking forward to taking it to the course tomorrow, nice compliment to the Cloudbreaker right center fairway.

Latest posts