• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

Just ordered 2x Glow Champion RocX3s from flight factory and pulled the trigger on 4x DX RocX3s and a Star Toro from the Innova Pro Shop. So I guess I'm officially invested in the RocX3s, hopefully they serve me as well as my MD4s used to.

Replaced my Fission Photon 174g with a 169g. I use the Photon for woods play when I need a fade. The 174g was becoming too flippy after 5 months of play, no longer good for the woods.

Trying to sort out some high-speed discs for stronger wind play in Virginia Beach that we get during the winter months. Picked up today G-Star Corvette, and G-Star Daedalus looked nice on the practice field on the way home, see how they do when the wind picks back up again at least 20 mph plus before the stronger wind arrives.

Cloud breakers
Koling halo boss
Nordic phenoms
Royal grand Grace
Supreme escape

With all the sales, I picked up an I-blend Czar, an SP Pipeline, and an Armor Iguana. I feel like there are two schools of thought with sales: "I can get the limited edition stuff cheaper" or "I can get normal stuff for even cheaper" and I'm in the latter camp haha The Shasta pipelines were tempting, but not worth almost $10 more than the SP.

With all the sales, I picked up an I-blend Czar, an SP Pipeline, and an Armor Iguana. I feel like there are two schools of thought with sales: "I can get the limited edition stuff cheaper" or "I can get normal stuff for even cheaper" and I'm in the latter camp haha The Shasta pipelines were tempting, but not worth almost $10 more than the SP.

Oddly enough, I elected to pay more for the normal stuff than the limited edition. Those yellow and blue James Conrad Envys were a dollar cheaper than the regular run electron firm Envy but I prefer my Envys pink so paid the extra dollar a disc and went with the stock run.

Oddly enough, I elected to pay more for the normal stuff than the limited edition. Those yellow and blue James Conrad Envys were a dollar cheaper than the regular run electron firm Envy but I prefer my Envys pink so paid the extra dollar a disc and went with the stock run.

I saw that deal, I'm bummed I don't throw envys anymore. Probably should have picked one up just because for that price:rolleyes:

Nebula Aura Mana
Neutron Virus (SE)
Neutron Impulse
Ethos Construct
Ethereal Pathfinder
Ethereal Animus
Ethos Animus
Electron Atom
PA-5 500 Thicket

Picked up a blank Neutron Wave 171g it's my second one, good for hitting gaps. Also, a G-Star Destroyer for this year's strong wind play.

Since the last time I posted:

Still trying to get ready for the strong wind season arriving in a few weeks. A Westside Vip Destiny 171g which I love throwing down wind. A Star Corvette 167g to compare to the G-star Corvette which I enjoy throwing the G-star in all wind direction. When the wind picks up to 25 mph plus we'll see how these discs hold up.

Had also picked up a G-Star Roadrunner to challenge an MVP Virus and Impulse, but the roadrunner wasn't even close in performance. Traded the Roadrunner in today for a G-Star Thunderbird that looked good several throws before dark. It could fill a void between my pyro and photon.

Christmas present to myself included a shipment from MSt

Hybrid X Blue Rathbun Felons (2) - want to compare these to normal Lucid X and Lucids; if they sit in between the two in stability, might just bag it in place of the two. If they are LX beefy, then they will be solid backups!

Neutron Cosmic Craves (2) - used to throw the crave years back; looking to add a straight flier to the bag for woods play that'll sit between the Truth and Undertaker, about 300 to 325 range; plenty of local holes that this can audition for.

Then some backups:

Orange Lucid Trespass - going to go back to trespasses next year from Enigmas. Looking forward to the supreme trespass, though I don't know what they will be like.

Purple Z Zone - my go to zone is starting to straighten out.

Pink 400 PA5 - got one late this season and really dig it.

Happy Holidays, all.

173-75g star destroyer, i lost 4 this year so far some how longer and straighter for my arm than star.

f2 halo mamba 165g, another easy distance disc but not nearly as overstable as a star mamba

173-75g star destroyer, i lost 4 this year so far some how longer and straighter for my arm than star.

f2 halo mamba 165g, another easy distance disc but not nearly as overstable as a star mamba

I keep in the bag a Star Mamba 148g for my best distance on more open courses downwind, and a G-star Mamba 174g for hitting gaps on a turnover in the woods. I'll have to keep my eyes open for a halo in the local stores. Thanks for sharing.

I keep in the bag a Star Mamba 148g for my best distance on more open courses downwind, and a G-star Mamba 174g for hitting gaps on a turnover in the woods. I'll have to keep my eyes open for a halo in the local stores. Thanks for sharing.

its really interesting because i had kinda got away from mambas, which was my first driver i could throw 300+ ft. The halo is basically an overstable mamba in the sense that over stable for a mamba would be a little turn and a slight finish. Ive had champ mambas but i wasnt a big fan seemed completely different to me.

id say the numbers are 11/6/-2.5/1, compared to the listed 11/6/-5/1

i got the f2, which they had all the way down to 150s. sold out now

its really interesting because i had kinda got away from mambas, which was my first driver i could throw 300+ ft. The halo is basically an overstable mamba in the sense that over stable for a mamba would be a little turn and a slight finish. Ive had champ mambas but i wasnt a big fan seemed completely different to me.

id say the numbers are 11/6/-2.5/1, compared to the listed 11/6/-5/1

i got the f2, which they had all the way down to 150s. sold out now

I picked up my first Star Mamba almost three years ago and six months after I started playing. Made a big difference in my game being so new to it, so I went all in picking up some in different weight classes. But they were never consistent, except the 148g. I experimented for a more consistent 11 speed, and now have settled on MVP Orbital, and Fission Waves. I kept the Star Mamba 148g because it was the most consistent on turnovers and distance also my first disc hitting over 300 ft, and the G-Star hitting those gaps. When those are lost, I'll pick them up again.

I had two Echo Mamba's in the 170g plus those were straight down the gap for wood play. The last one was lost more than a year ago. I would have kept one in the bag.

The Halo being more overstable for a Mamba, I'll have to pick one up, I was checking them out on Amazon. I normally get an Amazon gift card for Christmas.

And the Champion, I didn't like it either, lost it in water and didn't bother to look very hard.

Latest posts