• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post your most recent plastic purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up some more ESP Comets since I really liked the couple that I picked up last week. I figure I might as well stock up on these now since I don't know when they'll be released again next or if they'll fly the same in the next run.

Opto River
SSS Wizard
Champ Leopard

Lost my prized Star Leopard yesterday, found a used champ at Play It Again Sports today. I then proceeded to lose the Opto River an hour after buying it on my first throw with it :(.

westside/lat binge:
vip sword
tourney sword
tourney boatman
gl bolt
gl river
opto fuse

Jealous!! I'm addicted to Swedish plastic. I havn't got my hands on a Bolt or Sword yet. Let me know how those babies fly. I'm curious how they compare to the Havoc :popcorn:

This really isn't about my most recent purchase. Basically since all my old DX discs were cracking up from sitting around for so long I decided to retire all of them and replace everything.

The problem with that is there is so much new stuff out there since I last played and the ability to buy exactly what you want online instead of settling for what you can find locally I've had a blast trying all the different discs.

So in the last month or so this is what I have bought...

picture.php

From left to right...

4- Champion Rhynos for putting practice in the back yard.
Wahoo & Dragon for the water holes
2- Sidewinders 1/Star & 1/Champion (so far my favorite driver)
Old style ROC to replace my retired San Marino
Gator up disc
Old Style Cobra DX to replace the one I cracked
Archangel for distance anhyzers (I like this one too)
Champion Leopard
Star Stingray
Champion Roadrunner & Champion Monarch
Champion Beast
Champion Valkyrie
Star Katana & Vulcan
Discraft Nuke SS

If it seems like overkill it kind of is. As I am playing more and getting some form back in to my game some discs are getting more use than others now.

So far my favorite discs are the Archangel for my wooded holes. I can really plant that disc on tight fairways. The Star Stingray I can get a smooth medium distance Anhyzer. The Valkyrie & Sidewinders are becoming my favorite drivers. I can get them to turn over and S back on to the pin. I am getting about 250' on a regular basis and if I really pop a perfect throw I can hit 300'. But most of the time it's around 225-275' which is amazing for me since I've never been a big drive thrower and only been playing again for about 2 months.

The fast max distance drivers I can throw a big Hyzer shot on the open holes about 275'. If I'm throwing in to a head wind I can get the Vulcan to turn over and come back. Today I threw it for about 350' in to a light head wind from an elevated tee. (I would have parked it for a birdie but the basket was moved to the far position.) But there was nothing cooler than watching a throw go farther than I've ever thrown before.

So now the fun begins to figure out which ones will fit my game the best.

A lot of these discs will eventually get sorted out of my bag, especially the max distance discs. As I get better along the way I might even be able to use the Max distance stuff.

BTW- If you're wondering how I can buy all this stuff in the last month. I have a lot of extra income. I never married or have any kids so I get to spend all my money any way I want on my favorite person.... me.

Star Archon Blue 169g
Z Hornet Red 174g
ESP Meteor Blue 174g

I'm hoping the Archon will replace the beat Wraith I spike hyzered into the trees @ Moraine. And I have officially switched to Discraft Mids. The Buzz still will get the most work. But now have the over/under compliments.

Prodiscus premium Jokeri - just came in the mail and feels awesome in the hand.
Westside colorshift King - probably going to end up on the wall, it's just so sexy.
Innova Champ Teebird - not sure why I avoided these in the past, it's growing on me very quickly.
MVP Vector - haven't thrown it much yet, but liking it so far as a replacement for my deformed Pain.
Discraft FLX Drone - also haven't thrown much.

z challenger i got today. in and out of the light

Attachments

• IMG_1052.jpg
    IMG_1052.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_1053.jpg
    IMG_1053.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 22
picture.php

So I have been able to whittle this down a little. The Nuke & Nuke SS are out, Katana, Leopard, Monarch & Beast are out.

I am just starting to get the Vulcan to turn over and in a head wind get a good s-flight. So far my Valkyrie is my favorite driver. I parked it 300' on an elevated tee shot which I had never done before. My Sidewinders are getting more consistent. The Arch Angel has become my longest disc for those tight wooded holes but I still use my old style Classic Cobra for the long anhyzer shots that I don't want fading back over.

As I get back more in to the game I might switch a few in to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts