• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Rhyno

peppermack

Double Eagle Member
Will a Pro Rhyno beat in to straight after a while. It is always windy where I live so I carry a Star Rhyno for wind putting and a Warlock. I was wondering if it would be worth getting a couple Pro Rhynos and beat them to straight so I was just carrying one mold of putter. Also the Pig and Rhyno are the same mold but the pig is a little faster right?

I use the pro rhyno, I have 3 and all are now pretty beat. I can still hyzer them, but they can get a bit understable. The low glide is always there, but my most beat one flips the most. None of them have a huge fade now. Its mainly when you nail a tree and warp the rim downwards that you lose a lot of stability. I could go either way with champ or pro, but the pros are working fine right now.

Pigs are nice too, they fly just about like faster rhynos. There's not a lot of room for one in between my rhyno and firebird though, and I already use rocs so meh.

Keep in mind that both Pigs and Rhynos will soon both be made in R-Pro plastic instead of their own special Pro blends. As the Dart just came out no one really knows how the R-Pro will beat in or feel, might change the minds of the Soft Rhyno, JK Aviar and Pig fanatics out there.

I used Pro Rhynos as my only putters for a couple years. I recently switched, having decided that the Rhyno is just too stable for me on long putts.

When deciding what putter would replace my Rhynos, I did some experimenting. I played a round with my most beat Pro Rhyno and a brand new Wizard. I didn't use any other discs, and I threw each putter for every throw. After the first drive with the Wizard, I thought, "Damn! This thing is way less HSS than my Rhynos." It was also quite a bit less LSS. Basically, my beat Pro Rhyno felt like a stable pig at all speeds, compared to a new Wizard.

(FWIW, I ended up going with KC Aviars. Similar flight to Wizards. Felt better in my hand.)

peppermack said:
Will a Pro Rhyno beat in to straight after a while. It is always windy where I live so I carry a Star Rhyno for wind putting and a Warlock. I was wondering if it would be worth getting a couple Pro Rhynos and beat them to straight so I was just carrying one mold of putter. Also the Pig and Rhyno are the same mold but the pig is a little faster right?
Pro Rhynos are my only putters. Pro Rhyno will be less overstable than your star, even when new. Will it ever beat to straight? For drives, yes; for putts, sort of. It will always have a little fade for putts. I have several beat Pro Rhynos that are pretty much dead straight drivers. They can even be turned over fairly easily. But again, even new they are much straighter than what you have now. Be aware that there's lots of variation in stiffness in Pro Rhynos. Stiffer generally mean more overstable (but not by much), and in my opinion also easier to control.

As for the Pig, it flies more overstable than a Rhyno. It tends to be shorter than a Pro Rhyno, and as you'd expect it has a hard fade.

I threw a pro rhyno for years. I recently switched to a champ rhyno and have no regrets. I like that its a little stiffer and not so floppy. Same flight and great consistency. I've made some nice putts with it and I don't even consider myself a good putter.