• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProDiscus Bag

Harrishabitat

PDGA Numbers 60630 AND 34207
When I posted the other day about the Grip v.s. Ranger, I wasn't even aware this nice bag was out there.

Has anyone ever seen or used the 30+ Prodiscus bag? Does anyone even know where to get one here in the states? Went to their website and really couldn't find how to order one

I have one. I love it. I researched it on this site. Marshall Street has them. If you spend the money you will likely be happy. Be prepared to answer questions from guys who wish they had one. Only complaint is umbrella storage is vertical and I prefer horizontal. I guess I could mod it, but I just use my umbrella as a walking stick.

I have one. I love it. I researched it on this site. Marshall Street has them. If you spend the money you will likely be happy. Be prepared to answer questions from guys who wish they had one. Only complaint is umbrella storage is vertical and I prefer horizontal. I guess I could mod it, but I just use my umbrella as a walking stick.

Thanks for the feedback. I just got an email back from them and they gave me a couple options also. Im a huge Orange nut so the fact that they have that color is awesome. I'm coming from a Golf Mahal so price isn't an issue as much as storage and quality.

Thanks for the feedback. I just got an email back from them and they gave me a couple options also. Im a huge Orange nut so the fact that they have that color is awesome. I'm coming from a Golf Mahal so price isn't an issue as much as storage and quality.

What do you think a prodiscus bag can offer that your Mystery Ranch bag can't ?

I know the disc golf guy did a vid review of the 30+, and there are a couple others on youtube.

I have the small one(20+). Just got it from Devan Owens (contact via facebook message or [email protected]), way less than Marshall St. So far I love it, it's like a Cadillac vs Chevy compared to my old Grip L, Ergo2, and Dualpack. I can fit about 18-20 in the main pocket, 4 putters easy into the top pocket and two in the outside disc pocket, and at least two more in each side pocket. The straps are so comfortable and it has a couple felt lined pockets. I wish it had dual cup holders, but there's plenty of storage for another drink or six. There's no rainfly, but the rainfly pocket is still there. There is no umbrella/stool strap, but you can stand them in the side pockets if so inclined or mod one. I can't believe this is the small bag.

I just bought Prodiscus 30+ bag and played a round with it. Access to discs is really good and the bag feels good in the back.

What do you think a prodiscus bag can offer that your Mystery Ranch bag can't ?

Honestly the Golf Mahal was the greatest disc golf purchases I have ever made. I had a first generation bag and after many years of lots of rounds there wasn't even the slightest tear or anything. Simply the greatest bag out on the market.

The reason that I sold my Mahal was I was going with a custom bag but that fell through. I was thinking of trying to go back to that route but saw this bag and fell in love with what I saw. I was looking for something that I could travel with and bring as a carry-on on planes but could also carry my laptop etc. I also tend to be a packrat so I like very large bags with lots of storage and sectioned areas.

The only negative I ever had with the Mahal was the color (camo was really never my thing but it was the last one they had) and the side pouches were huge but not sectioned (trust me not really a negative, but just trying to find something in a near perfect bag)

I have the jetpack (30+ ?) and love it. I question the 30 disc remark, I don't think it will hold quite that many *easily*, maybe if they're all sharp discs I suppose. (no mids or putters). I carry 3 putters in the top pouch and usually 6 mids and then 14 FD/DD's without having to put any discs in the pontoons (outside pockets) - but could easily put 3 more putters/mids or 5 sharp discs in each if you wanted to carry that many (I like being able to bring an extra 3 practice putters for warmup). Then you still have the two main compressable storage pockets on the bag which can hold a ton of stuff. (But no discs).

The colored fabric gets dirty, but washes up easily. I've had mine for a year now and there is hardly any wear. Highly recommended.

odiscus

Jetpack is the smallest of the two. I had the larger. I have had a mahal, grip, ranger, simian and i liked the prodiscus best of all. Awesome back. Can def hold 30+ and pockets have pockets inside of them for better storage. Only reason i dont still have it is im 5"3 and weigh 135 pounds. I look like a cartoon character with it on. Its not anywider than the mahal with everything let out. Just a bigger version of the grip. Has better storage.

I love my humongous Prodiscus! I've had it almost a year, a lot of people think it's overkill, but they're jealous on the really really hot days on a long course when I have 2 32oz nalgenes plus 3-5 16oz bottles.

Definitely hold onto/get a 2nd bag though, (fade lite, nutsac, innova standard, etc.) for the days you're playing a pitch/putt course.

I'm 5'8" @ 160 and the size doesn't bother me. It can be loaded up with water, stool, 30 discs, and anextra jacket, weighing in at 30 pounds and still be comfortable.

What is the difference between the Jetpack small and a grip, size wise? I know the jetpack small is suppose to be smaller than the jetpack, but by how much?

Comparing both of them side by side small Prodiscus seems to be is a little bit bigger than Grip. But in the back it is hard to tell the difference. Prodiscus 20+ takes more discs and other stuff. Grip has two cup holders.

Prodiscus 20+ is much smaller than 30+. Prodiscus 30+ main disc compartment is ~ two inches wider than 20+ . I also think that side pockets are smaller in 20+. Plus you only have one cup holder and one extra disc pocket. All these together make 20+ much smaller than 30+.

I have in and love it. The only problems i have had is a small rip and fading of the color. The rip was in between the cup holder and the side pouch

Prodiscus large bags can fit over 50 drivers. 4-5 in each top pocket, 4-5 in each side pocket. And and over 20 in the main compartment. I don't know anyone who'd want to haul over 50 drivers around, but it's possible. What this also means is that there are plenty of normal disc arrangements that will give you variety of different storage sizes throughout the bag. I wouldn't recommend putting a lot on top without discs in the main compartment because it will make the top sag. You'd have to put some sort of beefy support inside, which is quite doable, if that's the arrangement you want. The bag itself is surprisingly short for its storage capabilities, but it is a little wider than other bags. I've had a chance to wear both Salient backpacks, grip "A", mahal, and the large prodiscus bag. This bag is my favorite.

I just got back from a full day with my prodiscus bag fully loaded to the max. I spent 4 hours trucking up and down hills and 2-3 miles of walking from the train station to home with a big smile on my face. This bag rides like a dream. Those previous comments by current owners were 100% correct. If you like being prepared and want extra storage I strongly recommend this bag.

I know the disc golf guy did a vid review of the 30+, and there are a couple others on youtube.

I have the small one(20+). Just got it from Devan Owens (contact via facebook message or [email protected]), way less than Marshall St. So far I love it, it's like a Cadillac vs Chevy compared to my old Grip L, Ergo2, and Dualpack. I can fit about 18-20 in the main pocket, 4 putters easy into the top pocket and two in the outside disc pocket, and at least two more in each side pocket. The straps are so comfortable and it has a couple felt lined pockets. I wish it had dual cup holders, but there's plenty of storage for another drink or six. There's no rainfly, but the rainfly pocket is still there. There is no umbrella/stool strap, but you can stand them in the side pockets if so inclined or mod one. I can't believe this is the small bag.

No rainfly? Was that an error? If not, can you get one as a special order?

I dont mind the Prodiscus name on the back, the Xmen-like logo is a bit overkill on this pack though. I wish I could get one without.

I've had my big Prodiscus for some weeks now. The more I use the more I like it.

+ Doesn't tip over
+ super easy access to discs
+ lots of room for clothes and other stuff
+ wide and comfortable shoulder straps
+ feels good in the back
+ good material in the bottom -> bag doesn't get dirty
+ dividers in main disc compartment

Latest posts