• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Prometheus

any side by side comparisons to a scorpion? seems like a wide rim, lower profile scorpion when you look at the specs. i'm wondering if it'll just be 30ft longer than a scorpion. a lot like the possible distance difference you'll see between a valk and destroyer.

any side by side comparisons to a scorpion? seems like a wide rim, lower profile scorpion when you look at the specs. i'm wondering if it'll just be 30ft longer than a scorpion. a lot like the possible distance difference you'll see between a valk and destroyer.

Were t scorpions pretty darn OS? This sounds like its a lot straighter and much faster.

Anyway, just got word mine came in the mail today, will take it w/ me to league tonight and see whats up

Were t scorpions pretty darn OS? This sounds like its a lot straighter and much faster.

Anyway, just got word mine came in the mail today, will take it w/ me to league tonight and see whats up

report back here :) I love hearing from everyone about their orders and what they think!

both.jpg

Those are the two I got as testers. One is 190, the other is 188. I have three production models coming from a group buy as soon as TOURNEYPLAYER can get them to me. :)

The 190 has a thicker flight plate, but slightly unfortunately it's a bit warped. If I set it on a desk, one edge is 1cm higher than the other edge, and the warping in the flight plate is easily visible with the naked eye.

I don't think it will affect flight very much.

The 190 says "Test #7" and has an "X" in the center dimple (bottom side) with what looks like "144" written on it. The 188 is a teeny bit brighter blue and says "Test #9" and "146" on it. Both are about 7/16 of an inch wider than a Z Comet.

It's rained all day but the sun is out now so I'm tempted to go throw somewhere. Screw it - I think I will. More tk.

Just got some more throws in with this thing. Man, I can't wait for a lighter one.

It is really responsive to release angles, almost neutrally so. I got it to hold an anny on a sharper one, had it flex out on lighter annies. Even hyzer flipped it to flat at one point, and I normally SUCK at hyzer flips. Still only getting it out to about 280-300, but I feel like a lighter one could definitely give me an extra boost.

I will say that the wider rim does mess with me a little, because I tend to put more stank on it to compensate for needing to get up to speed, rather than being smooth. As a result, I OATed it and turned it over at one point, but it was all me.

Curious to see what some of my bigger-armed compadres can do with this thing.

I'm hoping to get some pulls with this on Monday. I throw first run z nukes for distance along with pop top proto star xcals. My longest drive being 480. So I'm hoping to see how this performs.

Just got some more throws in with this thing. Man, I can't wait for a lighter one.

It is really responsive to release angles, almost neutrally so. I got it to hold an anny on a sharper one, had it flex out on lighter annies. Even hyzer flipped it to flat at one point, and I normally SUCK at hyzer flips. Still only getting it out to about 280-300, but I feel like a lighter one could definitely give me an extra boost.

I will say that the wider rim does mess with me a little, because I tend to put more stank on it to compensate for needing to get up to speed, rather than being smooth. As a result, I OATed it and turned it over at one point, but it was all me.

Curious to see what some of my bigger-armed compadres can do with this thing.

O boy. If you got one to flip at 280-300ft of power then im a little worried what us bigger arms can do. I was hoping for something stable to overstable, not stable to understable. I guess im going to have to wait and see what they ar elike when I get mine

Prometheus reacts much better with spin. If you spin it then you will get a very straight flight in part due to its larger diameter, if you try to strong arm it then you will get a slightly more overstable flight simply because of its mass.

I got in a few pulls last night.

My open field time was limited by the soccer team, so I didn't get quite as many as I wanted. For reference I throw my Volts 320-340 on golf lines, with the same power the Prometheus was flying 40 feet further. I will test it against some other high speed drivers I have sitting around this weekend.