• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Prometheus

Disc Frenzy

Par Member
Just received my Prometheus in the mail!

Initial thoughts; The stamp is oh so pretty. the plastic feels very gummy, I can flex the disc in a power grip with little effort. The inner radius feels the same as my Volts. I can't wait to throw it after work today.

Attachments

• stamp.jpg
    stamp.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 353
  • PLH.jpg
    PLH.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 320
  • flex.jpg
    flex.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 404
I got a few of these in the mail yesterday. Went out to a field to try them out and I really really like them. I will have to get my round in after work today to see exactly how useful they are.

Initial thoughts; The stamp is oh so pretty. the plastic feels very gummy, I can flex the disc in a power grip with little effort. The inner radius feels the same as my Volts. I can't wait to throw it after work today.

Disc frenzy, what weight did you receive?

P.S I think it is time to get a Salient colored square ;)

it's marked 189, I don't have a scale handy at work.

Also the profile comparison pic I posted is with a proton volt.

That 3rd picture is absurd - how wide is the rim on that thing?

That 3rd picture is absurd - how wide is the rim on that thing?

It's really wide, not comfortable in my hand for anything but forehand shots, and I have big hands. I can't even get a good grip on it for a thumber. But on my forehand shots, thrown low and flat as recommended, this thing BOMBS!!

i'm going to buy one just for OH rollers, lulz. bet they'll go a mile unless they flex too much when they hit the ground rolling.

and also to train with. buy a stack of 20, then throw them until 175 drivers feel like 150. :cool:

It's really wide, not comfortable in my hand for anything but forehand shots, and I have big hands. I can't even get a good grip on it for a thumber. But on my forehand shots, thrown low and flat as recommended, this thing BOMBS!!

It's definitely a big disc. I have to remove the accordian sleeves in my bag to get mine to fit! I decided to just put it in one of the side pockets instead for now. Backhand grip was difficult for me as well, but the forehand grip felt natural.

i'm going to buy one just for OH rollers, lulz. bet they'll go a mile unless they flex too much when they hit the ground rolling.

and also to train with. buy a stack of 20, then throw them until 175 drivers feel like 150. :cool:

They are excellent rollers, as long as all that spin hits the grass forward, these things roll forever and yeah the rim is pretty dang big. Someone who threw mind threw it backhand with good results, but forehand shots is going to be this disc's main function for sure

yeah, i only got one throw . . . and i'm almost exclusively RHBH (throwing LHFH and OH as well) so i gave it a toss backhanded . . . straight with a long fade for me. i didn't mind it one bit. i didn't even get a good rip, to be honest. kinda tempted to buy one as my first wide-rimmed disc to go back in the bag.

and it was nuts how easily i could feel the weight shift in my hand, pounding the hammer if you will. i can see these being a great timing/training aid for the "hit". since they're so heavy, it makes sense. mine was also 188-189.

Pleasantly surprised

Well, color me pleasantly surprised. I just took my 185 g aqua Prometheus out to the park behind my house, and I came away impressed.

For reference, my max D drives are with a 167 g Latitude 64 Fury, and I push them between 280 and 315 on golf lines. So I do not have a big arm at all. With this being almost 20 grams heavier, though, it didn't FEEL heavy like I was expecting it to.

So, either my expectations were really low, or I got a good/understable Prometheus. The rim is wide, but not uncomfortably so, and I was, cold, putting this thing out to about 280. And it is STRAIGHT. Super straight, in fact, with very little fade unless it slipped out of my hand and came out too early. Nice little S turn to it as well.

Honestly, there were a couple times where I said "Wow" out loud to myself.

Now, this was a very small sample size - 6 or 7 cold throws, in my sandals, on the grass. With shoes and teepads, and being warmed up, I feel like I could push this bad boy out even further.

The only long term issue for me will be if I can get used to the fat rim. I just don't feel comfortable with them, so that will be the determining factor in keeping it or not. But for now, I am impressed and excited to throw it more. And I was a skeptic before, to be sure.

Also, the plastic feels very nice. Grippy and flexible. Not as nice as Opto, but better than Champ.

Overall, good first impression.

I dont really know anything about these, but why so heavy?

So is it basically a wide rimmed much faster midrange? I mean I know it's a driver obviously just looking for an adequate description.

So is it basically a wide rimmed much faster midrange? I mean I know it's a driver obviously just looking for an adequate description.

Honestly yeah that is pretty accurate...someone even compared it to a buzz...not about holding its line but its straightness and glide. It's amazing