• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Provo Utah mid-July

skottyb

Eagle Member
Taking a trip mid July and have 3 days to kill while my wife is taking some business classes.

What are the best courses for day trips in the area, thanks.

How far are you willing to drive?

Payson was quite nice.
Art dye was very fun, I was very glad to have someone to show me around, though after the first couple holes it was fairly easy to follow (maybe that's changed by now)
Solitude was my favorite in the area, definitely worth checking out.
Creekside, a fun, busy city park style course.
I found Rock Canyon to be very underrated (10 holes rated 2.2), I had a ton of fun, some extreme terrain and elevation for an adventure round, worth checking out if you have time.

Spanish Fork made me want to carve my eyeballs out with rusty spoons.
Valley regional was pretty blah.

I'd be down for driving an hour one way away from Provo , definitely want to check out Solitude as it seems like the must to play, especially since I'm going mid summer, thanks Martin I appreciate your feedback

Utah Local Courses

Solitude is a must play. But consider it a day activity. It's also $6-$10 to take the lift up to hole 1. Totally worth it. Play Solitude.
Creekside is fun, but extremely over crowded and over rated.
Arte Dye, Can't go wrong. It's an awesome course. But follow a group in front of you if you can.
Taylorsville (Valley Regional) easy if you're into that kinda thing. More of a beginner course. Should shoot under par quite easily.
I haven't played Payson yet. But want too.
Spanish Fork I actually really enjoyed. However, they were doing construction in there and we didn't get to finish the last 5 holes. I look forward to playing again.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip to UT.

Thanks JDee I appreciate your feedback!

Any locals want to show me around Solitude? Or is it more of a course people visit and don't consider their home course?

Last edited:

Latest posts