• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

purdue - layfayette course

MotoDj

Double Eagle Member
is there a must play course in purdue?
i'm headed to the football game tomorrow, figured if theres a good course to play on the way i'll stop and check one out

gonna be tail gating most the day but a few hours throwin plastic at a new course would be cool

if theres nothin spectacular sounding i'll skip it, might goto pieradise again, only played their ace race course

At first I thought, why doesn't MotoDj simply use use the map browser to locate a course near Purdue. Then, I checked his profile page and found this picture.

Looks like MotoDj took a tommie to the noggin. Ouch. That had to hurt.

Camp Cullum, south of Purdue near Frankfort looks pretty good.

Attachments

• user7719_pic2158_1249890214.jpg
    user7719_pic2158_1249890214.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 17
course review on here only had a few 3star rated courses, nothing i'd consider a must play

^^^ Dreaded Purdue Country. lol

I went to school there back in the Ted Nugent days. I got a bronze in the Cary Quadrangle Winter Olympics in 77. Pretty cold night. We used to say Indianapolis was the a-hole of the universe and Purdue was 60 miles up it.

Collum sounds pretty good.

^^^ Dreaded Purdue Country. lol

I went to school there back in the Ted Nugent days. I got a bronze in the Cary Quadrangle Winter Olympics in 77. Pretty cold night. We used to say Indianapolis was the a-hole of the universe and Purdue was 60 miles up it.

Collum sounds pretty good.

I lived in the Quad in 76-77. Never competed in the Olympics. Hear the Frankfort course is great, but havent played it. Dillion Pk in Indy is almost walking distance from my house, and thats a great Indy course.

I lived in the Quad in 76-77. Never competed in the Olympics. Hear the Frankfort course is great, but havent played it. Dillion Pk in Indy is almost walking distance from my house, and thats a great Indy course.

i played dillon a week ago - excellent course. ill definitely go back plenty of times.

I lived in the Quad in 76-77. Never competed in the Olympics.QUOTE]

I dormed in the Quad (NE) for a couple of years, until I got expelled. One of the funnest nights of my life. Arrested for a sophmore prank on a Resident Assistant. Escaped from the campus police squad car....handcuffed....then, after the fools realized I was gone, they started looking for me ...and while they were looking....I got back into the squad car. A very long shaggy dog story ensued..good grief. Total Barney Fife scene.

After I was released ( at 7 AM....5 hours of interigation)....on what amounted to a water balloon charge....I had a Calculus final...oh never mind...I transfered to IU.

Purdue was pretty uptight. Glad to hear there are some courses for the new engineering students to hack.

West Lafayette, what an ugly depressing town. As an IU grad, I went to several football and basketball games up there, and wasn't too impressed with the courses I was able to get out and play there.

Cullom is a brand new course.....still in the process of being set up and improvements are already in the discussion stage....but may take a while to come to fruition.

Cullom is a brand new course.....still in the process of being set up and improvements are already in the discussion stage....but may take a while to come to fruition.

It's been really exciting to read about this course and the work that has already gone into it. It's great to hear that's it's going to keep getting worked on, I can't wait to play it next time I'm down that way.

Camp cullom pictures

I bugged the hell out of Tim by sending him 64 pictures of the course. I hope they help everyone. Check them out on the course site! I.U. vs. P.U. Courses..... Hands down I.U.!!

Last edited:
I attended Purdue for 4 years and West Lafayette is, hands down, not a good college town. Places like Bloomington, IN and Madison, WI seem so much nicer and beautiful.

As far as the DG goes, I didn't start playing until after I graduated so I never checked out any of the courses up in W. Lafayette. I hear Ross Hills isn't too bad, but I can't say from experience. I played Karbst Farm near Bloomington which is 9 holes and it's ok...it's mostly open. I forget what the 18 hole course is in B'Town and I'd like to check it out.

Latest posts