• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter Help!!!

MTNRover

I have been in this debate for a long time now. I just can't find a putter that I can call my own and I'm getting frustrated. I used wizards, warlocks, KC Pro, JK Pro, DX Aviar Drivers, DX BB Aviars, Soft Challengers and so on. Any suggestions?

I hated putters til I got my lat 64 opto pure. If you can try one out, I think you may enjoy it. What problems are you having?

Im hitting everything but chains and just not getting comfortable. I'll be ok with a new putter for a couple weeks the everything after that is completely nothing. The most comfortable ive felt with a putter was a lighter weight 4X JK Pro. I thinks it was 172. And I use to hit everything with it. Then I lost it on a drive with water behind it. A big gust of wind came by and just took it over. I even dove in after it and could never find it. I dont rush my putts. I do the same routine everytime I step up for the past 4 years.

Second the magnet. Whatever you pick, stick with it. Putters are about feel and if you keep switching up every time you have a bad run, you'll never feel comfortable with a putter. If you start to suck, hit the practice basket up at your local course.

Second the magnet. Whatever you pick, stick with it. Putters are about feel and if you keep switching up every time you have a bad run, you'll never feel comfortable with a putter. If you start to suck, hit the practice basket up at your local course.

Agreed. Standing at a practice basket for half an hour draining short 10-25ft putts can be incredibly helpful for form, confidence, and feel.

I have 3 DX Rhynos, 1 for putting and 2 more for practicing. I also have a Champ Rhyno for driving, as I always cringed when I drove a DX and it smashed a tree.

As for advice, we all know it's personal. But I think what you have to figure out is rim preference, as well as stiffness. I love the Rhynos rim and the DX stiffness, but I'm still really trying to figure out how to putt it to take full advantage of it. Sometimes I'm golden, other days it's embarrassing. I too have tried a multitude of putters: Dart, Magnet, Ion, Wizard, and now Rhyno. In the great words of Nike, Just Do It. Pick a putter and stay for a while.

I'd recommend going with a base plastic (because of price), get 3 or more around the same weight, and just keep practicing, that's what I've done. Good luck!

yeah practice works!!! I will second the pure. Very nice feel to it especially in eze. the shallower rim helps me to get cleaner releases.

Whatever you decide grab a couple of them and practice. putters are very subjective discs, what works for me may not for you. when you find one stick with it and stop changing putters until you are comfortable with the new putter.

yeah practice, practice, practice.. anything should really work for you inside the circle just all about what feels best for you.. there are some awesome putters in that list you had... which felt the best in your hand? If you havent yet i would get a practice basket asap.. insteps work and are pretty cheap.. sell some of the putters you didnt like then get a basket .. once you find the putter that feels best you get a few all in the same weight range ... sounds like you want something in the 171-173g range.. If you havent yet i would develop some sort of routine and do it the same EVERYTIME..even when on the practice basket

Stick with wizards. The new really f'in floppy are the best that they have ever made.

or get ur own practice basket:thmbup:

Exactly. It is the archer, not the arrow. Technique>putter.

Just whatever you do stay away from champion/star like plastic, unless its mvp (only because they have the gyro on the nose). If the chains are wet the putter will slide right off, even FLX plastic will. I used to putt with a FLX Challenger and I missed so many putts due to it sliding right off the chains. Get a putter that feels good in your hand and keep it.

If you don't have a practice basket then go find a skinny pole or a skinny tree and try and hit it every time. If you can hit a 3" pole every time then you will definitely be able to bang some putts.

1. Practice 30 mins a day minimum, and break the 30 mins into two 15 min sessions if you loose concentration. Throw each putt like its the most important putt ever, but don't let yourself worry. You just need to build confidence.
2. Go to a DG store in your area (If you have one) and feel all the putters you can. Try to find what feels best.

Latest posts