• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter plastic

What plastic do you usually purchase

• I buy Premium plastic

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • I buy Regular plastic

Votes: 91 65.9%

• Total voters
I carry SSS Voodoos that I'd call baseline for upshots and putting and most drives, but I also have a HPP that I use for big hyzers and drives, but my vote goes to baseline.

i generally prefer putters in plastics that are only used in putters. don't care for champ/star putters or equivalent plastics.

Normally I like the cheap, soft putters for putting and more premium plastic for driving. The Ridge has thrown everything off though. It's premium plastic that is durable for driving, but it's also soft and super grippy for putting as well.

i throw 11x champion aviars (got started on these because of one i pulled out of a pond..didn't realize they were OOP til after i fell in love with it). i've also got a couple jk aviar-xs that i like pretty good. i voted premium

All my putters are rubber, which way do I vote ?

images

I'm so confused.

^ same
except for a beat in SoftApx

Almost all of my putters are rubber or premium plastic. I own a DX Aviar, a couple of Magics, a Voodoo and a really old Omega SS, but rarely use them. If I'm not throwing my Vibram (big windy days), I'll putt with a pro Rhyno and approach with a star Rhyno. Sometimes I play practice rounds in west Texas with an ESP Banger GT. The desert really wears on plastic, so I don't always take my "in the bag" or base plastic putters.

Latest posts