• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter plastic

What plastic do you usually purchase

• I buy Premium plastic

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • I buy Regular plastic

Votes: 91 65.9%

• Total voters

BrownTown

I posted a thread a few weeks ago about what Innova plastic do you prefer. It was more of a general "what is your favorite plastic thread" that was more geared for drivers/mids. Now I would like ask a more specific question. What plastic do you buy for putters. (I know that some will buy both for different molds but just answer what you use more often). Do you feel that the premium plastics in putters perform better than the $8 plastics? I will do a simple 2 question plastic Poll.

A. Regular plastic will be any plastic $10 and under

B. Premium plastic will be $11 and above

P.S.
I just got my portable DGA M-14 basket back (a friend borrowed it 5 yrs ago and then moved) and was thinking of buying 10-15 DX Aviars since they are all I use from 75 ft to the basket.

Last edited:
You should add "both"!!!!! Have some cheap plastic for inside 40 ft and long anny's!!!! And premium plastic for long approach's and driving!!!!!!

yes and no polls are boring, especially on a question which you could get detail info on with a few more options

All my putters are rubber, which way do I vote ?

images

I'm so confused.

I don't remember what I paid for my Wizard, but it's an organic SSS. Since it's a "baseline" plastic I voted regular.

With Gateway I imagine anything outside of the Plastic that resembles Champion would be considered base. I have M,S,SS, and SSS Wizards and I would call them all base line regardless of Price.

Right now I have been using Zero Line Pures which are still baseline :D. I just think that the cheap stuff feels better in your hands for putting.

Baseline baby! Nothing like a thrashed DX putter... although I love my Ion too (normally, it was actually killing me today)

aj

I own these Aviars:
2 R-Pro
3 Star
3 DX
1 KC Pro
1 Yeti Pro
1 CFR Champ

7 regular (4 pro 3 dx)
4 premium (3 star 1 champ)

I guess regular wins

Regular, for the most part. This is mainly because I don't notice enough difference for me to pay the extra money. But I do use a Ridge and love it, so that would be premium.

DX/pro d/zero line for sure. nothing beats the grip.

Regular, for the most part. This is mainly because I don't notice enough difference for me to pay the extra money. But I do use a Ridge and love it, so that would be premium.

3 years playing and can't tell the difference!!?!?!? Different plastic different flights!!!! Especially after the break in!!!!!

I prefer Crystal Z Challengers myself. I like the way they look, feel and fly.

Edit: They taste good too!

All discs I buy are less than $10 and the most I sell discs for are $10. That is for ESP, Z, FLX and Crystal. Price of discs don't determine their quality.

Latest posts