• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter rotation - how often do you swap?

I have been using the same putter for at least five years. I weighed it recently and it was 2.5 g light of the sticker weight, but idk how accurate that was. There are definitely some chunks missing. I retired it for five minutes but when I could not hit a putt w/ my other two putters I got it back out of my car. It just feels so natural in my hand.

View attachment 27378

Attachments

• IMAG0211-1.jpg
    IMAG0211-1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 86
I've been using two voodoos from the same run for about two years, one for inside the circle and one for outside. I won't throw them for anything else, so they're still in relatively good shape. I carry anywhere 2-3 more for driving depending on the course.

For me, it's seasonal. I use a soft 2nd run ion in the winter because it has better grip, and 2nd run medium in the summer so it doesn't stick to my hand as much. Maybe if the neutrons turn out as good as I hope, I won't have to switch seasonally.

For me, it's seasonal. I use a soft 2nd run ion in the winter because it has better grip, and 2nd run medium in the summer so it doesn't stick to my hand as much. Maybe if the neutrons turn out as good as I hope, I won't have to switch seasonally.

I do the same thing, but with Wizards. I have three or four stiffer softs/mediums that I use when it's warmer out, and when it cools off I switch to a SS or not as stiff soft.

I've only been playing for just over a year, so I havent swapped yet. Had my current 4chains for about 8 months

i have had the same sanny kc aviar in the bag for .. hell i dont even know maybe 2 years.. i do have seasoned backups tho and break in my freshies on the practice basket..and use fresher ones for driving putters and once they are beat they will prob replace my beat upshot aviar.. sometimes ill throw a freshie in the side pocket just to use as a practice putter before my rounds to break them in too.. but to answer you question i havent ever taken my seasoned one out for another.. i have thought about it tho but just have too much confidence in it.. I did try the focus for a bit but the aviar was still in the bag lol

Last edited:
I like to swap out my Omega SS for a new one every year or so.

I haven't switched out my SSS voodoo since I switched to them about 8 months ago. I have no plans to change it out anytime soon since it still flies great! I drive with a rhyno though, so that might prolong the lifespan. Anyway, putter is about the only thing in my bag that stays the same...I have a problem with buying lats shiny new plastic...

I have been using the same Evo Magic since I got it (~3 years ago).
Change my putter?? You must be joking

I've been switching between my Aviars and Medium Wizards for a while now.

I'm currently going to be sticking with my old Medium Wizards I've had since 2004.Nice and beat in which stick to the chains nicely.They are still pretty stable too.

The good thing about a Wizard is they will only beat in so much and will hold that putting feel for years.Wizards get better with age.

Been using the same Blowfly for 3 years now, It works for me so no need to change. I carry an identical weight one in the bag but never use it in tourney play.

I bought a Yeti Pro when I started 11 months ago and have hit some nice puts with it, but its definitely warped and broken in. I have bought another and use it when I practice, and have just started leaving my old Yeti in the car when playing casual rounds.

Not sure which one ill putt with more, can't really tell yet if there is an advantage or disadvantage to putting with a seasoned putter over a new one.

Once I settled on Wizards as my putter of choice, it made changes "easier" to handle. I tend to use two putters exclusively for putting so that I break them in at the same rate. I'll carry two others for putt-jumps, and a few others for approaches and drives. Once the two main putters begin to glide just a bit too much, I'll rotate them into the putt-jump slot. Recently, the two wizards I use in that slot have been flying just a bit "wrong" and it may be time to rotate them into the approach/drive slot.

My wizard stash is pretty extensive ... I just bought 10 stiff but tacky 175g "Softs" that will be exclusively used for putting at first. They will rotate from putting to step putting to throwers.

I've also got a stash of organics that are relatively stiff and will be used for winter rounds due to their flexibility and tackiness. Eventually these will rotate into the thrower slots.

Obviously, it is also important to rotate in "fresh" putters to use as stable to overstable approach/drive discs.

I bought a Yeti Pro when I started 11 months ago and have hit some nice puts with it, but its definitely warped and broken in. I have bought another and use it when I practice, and have just started leaving my old Yeti in the car when playing casual rounds.

Not sure which one ill putt with more, can't really tell yet if there is an advantage or disadvantage to putting with a seasoned putter over a new one.

Gateway has most of the weight of their putters on the outside of the rim.This prolongs the life of the putter tremendously and increases spin(and something else I can't remember off the top of my head.The beat in is casual on Wizards,Voodoos,Magics and Warlocks and they only go so far.Like I said earlier mine is still pretty stable and my putters looks as though someone took it and beat it on the concrete.

Aviars have their weight evenly distributed so when the disc gets beat in you can tell it right off the bat and the disc changes quickly.Thus the reason why I got away from Aviars.They beat in so fast that you have to buy them frequently.With a Wizard you can buy one as a putter and b set for life.

I'm not sure how other putters as these are the only ones I stuck with.

Honestly, i just roll with 2 pro d challengers for my main putter / jump putter. they are getting pretty seasoned but i like it this way. i dont rotate those 2 out until they crack or are unpredictably understable. then i just keep a Z for drives / approaches. I like the look and feel of a utterly thrashed putter. that to me means it has done its job for a loooong time and i know the disc very very well.

I have been using the same putter for at least five years. I weighed it recently and it was 2.5 g light of the sticker weight, but idk how accurate that was. There are definitely some chunks missing. I retired it for five minutes but when I could not hit a putt w/ my other two putters I got it back out of my car. It just feels so natural in my hand.

View attachment 27378

Looks like a Magic??

I realize it doesnt matter what putter I'm using. I can go with anything stable (Wizards, Warlocks, Ions, Anodes, Aviars, Magnets or whatever) and still be fine. I have a couple warlocks in the bag now - they do the job.

I used to change only if adverse weather dictated a change. My putting putters are stiff, so in the cold or extreme wet id switch to something softer. This is still pretty much true, although i have been putting with the same putters for a year now (TS challengers). Going to explore the EZE Pure and Mercy shortly tho.