• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter rotation - how often do you swap?

I realize it doesnt matter what putter I'm using. I can go with anything stable (Wizards, Warlocks, Ions, Anodes, Aviars, Magnets or whatever) and still be fine. I have a couple warlocks in the bag now - they do the job.

I am a push putter so I find this to generally be true for me as well. But that has not stopped me from settling on a single mold for my putting. For me, challengers are the most comfortable in my hand. It is also the first putter that I encountered 6 years ago. I had a brief love affair with magnets, lasting for about 1 summer, and gave the Ion an honest chance. But the challenger is it for me, I think.

I've been using the same ridge for just about two years... It is starting to fly like a summit with how beat up it is.

I will use a different ridge when I play newer courses just in case I lose it.

I also putt with a super floppy soft ridge if hills are involved.

Currently I'm using a SS Omega and a Medium Sole. Omega for long putts. Sole for everything 20' and in. I've been swapping putters regularly over the last couple of years. I went from Aviar to KC Pro Aviar to Rhynos to Omega and Sole now. A lot of the guys I play with are into Ions so I was tempted to switch again but I want to stick with my current line up.

I've swapped putters a decent amount when I first started playing but once I got an anode back in April I haven't wanted to switch from it at all. I bought a second one as a back up and to try how the soft compares to the medium.

I basically use the medium when I need more fade but besides that I tend to just use whatever one I grab.

I have three: Birdie (don't hate) Aviar and Champ Rhyno. I've had them all for a long time, but I use my Rhyno more often than not. It's nice and sticky for those chains.

Old beat up putters fly so sweet, the only time I will take one out is if it starts to overlap with another disc

My oldest is about 7 years (old bubble stamp wizard) and is my main putter and understable approach disc. I have another thats 3-4 years for straight drives/approaches and my newest is about a year old.

I can never just settle on a putter and it's driving me crazy. First it was Aviars, then Ions, then Summits, then Omega SS's, and now it's Ions again. I love the Ion simply because I can drive with it far better than the other putters. Recently breaking 300. The only problem is the feel of the plastic while putting... The shape is fine, but it is the only serious complaint I have right now.... See this is what I'm talking about. I think about it way too much.

TL;DR,: Way too often because I cannot make up my friggin mind.

Since I hadn't had any real success putting until this summer, I changed putters a lot. I have 13 different molds. Now that I'm making most of my putts, I've found it really doesn't matter which one of the molds I choose. I adjust to the flight of the mold and it's good.

All putters are good. Old ones, new ones, borrowed ones, found ones...

IT took me a couple years of experimenting with different putters to find the one. I setttled on the eze/zero pures. I have been using the same zero pure for the last 6 months and keep a fresh one in the bag when i need that fresh fade. I will use this current pure til it dies. I have a stack of practice ones waiting on the bench. Once i decided on sticking to the pure my putting has become way more consistent. its not the pure per say but the fact that i have stuck to the same putter with the same feel.

I generally only switch putters if I switch molds. I try to only putt with 1 particular disc as long as possible.

Putted with the same pro rhyno for months. Then a ss wiz until organics came out then I putted a 166 og wiz for over a year. Switched to Ions and used the same 171 opaque white soft up until Anodes came out, now I putt a 172 eclipse soft anode.

A putting putter is really difficult to beat up to the point it needs replacing where I play.

Last edited:
I have a buddy that changes what seems like every day. I find myself asking him, "What do you putt with now?" It's usually something new.

This was me for forever until I switched to Wizards. SSS, and a couple RFF's to practice with. I bought 5 SSS Wizards from Bully and have been putting increasingly better ever since. I sold all my other putters and now don't even look at new putters. Wait, is that a Gold Line Pure??? =-I:D

Never. been using the same beat and beautiful aviar for 6 years. Only used in putting stance, never for drives/upshots. It'd probably flip upside-down.

I've got 4 identical(weight, color and stampless) putting wizards that I rotate from round to round. Each one only sees 18 holes at a time. As for my driving wizards, I carry two of them and alternate between them when on the course.

I've been rotating a lot recently just to see what mold I like best. But I always have my SS Magic and S Wizard. The SS Magic was all I used when I was cold out, but when it warmed up, it was a little to mushy for my liking, so I have an S Magic that I keep in my bag and then the Wizard.

I just put an S Voodoo in my bag though to see how I like it.

Looks like a Magic??

If I showed you the face you would get it right away because it is a Juju. Weighs 162g. I have a 174 for windy days and ones I need a little more fade on. I know it's not real popular but I will never putt w/ anything else within the circle.

in the past, i switched them out every year or so. almost always replacing wizards with new ones but i did have a one year stint with P&A's. i've used my current putters for the last three years and stopped using them for driving/approaches so they are still in good condition.

Latest posts