• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Putting Putter Stability Preference

What stability do you prefer for your putting putter?

• Overstable (VP, Rhyno, JOKERi)

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Stable (Ion, Judge, Wizard)

Votes: 107 81.7%
  • Understable (Magic, Anode, Summit

Votes: 22 16.8%

• Total voters
I've putted with wizards for several years now. I like them from new to lightly seasoned so they still have some stability, once they start getting really beat I cycle in a new one.

I used an Anode 173g when I started playing and I like everything about it except the deep rim was just a little uncomfortable for me. I bagged an Ion too @ 168g that putted very similar due to the 5g weight difference I believe. Then the Envy came out and I was hooked. The shallow rim depth felt so confortable and I can get a nice consistent release with it. Got a soft on the way and I'm so stoked to try that out. I still use the Anode for extreme uphill puts and some longer outside the circle duties as well as hard anny putts around trees or other obstacles. More and more though the Envy is taking these duties away from the Anode. If they ever come out with the Axiom version of the Anode in the Envy depth I may be in even more love.

For putting and a lot of shots I prefer a slow, fairly understable disc; my medium worn 175 protege clutches.

This, except Gravity and 170. Clutch is shallow enough to be comfortable, neutral to slightly understable when worn, but holds up well in the wind.

Settled on the Clutch after using the Warlock, Wizard, Ion, Anode, and Yeti Aviar, and have not been tempted to try another putter.

I prefer OS putters not due to the flightpath but because of the physical dimensions. More shallow and beaded! Plus they don't blow past very far... :gross::doh::cool:

I like under because I have low power in putting, and need that to prevent fading out on longer putts. Plus, I love anhyzer putts around trees, and an understable putter holds that line better.

I love my APX's from about 100 ft and in. I can go straight at the chains with them and not have to worry about much fade.... but unless you need a turnover shot, they aren't good much beyond that distance, and not the best for upshots, where I prefer an FLX Challenger. But APX's hold annie lines wonderfully and don't get as much bounce or roll as stiffer plastics.

Last edited:
Has to be something stable to slightly overstable. Beaded, and shallow enough to feel good in the hand. That's why I've settled on a classic judge. I liked wizards and a yeti pro aviar for a good while but the wizard was slightly too deep and took a while to beat up to straight. The yeti just didn't quite feel right and in tailwind putts couldn't keep the loft I wanted and no real glide. The judge solved all those small dislikes. The stability is perfect I can release fast and flat and it goes straight and on longer putts I can slow it down, give it more loft, and come in on a hyzer line.

Spin putt I prefer heavy, stable/overstable with no glide. Push I find easier with a little less stable so I can use less hyzer, and a little more glide so I dont have to use too much arm.

Latest posts