• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quick and Easy Disc Bag Frame

Thanks for the link. I plan to use corrugated plastic at some point, but haven't sourced it yet.

As far as the sharp edges, did you try using a lighter or propane torch? A quick shot of flame should nicely roll the edge, leaving a very smooth, shiny finish.

as it will soon be election season...
most of the election signs are made of corrugated plastic as they are expected to be weather proof.
guerrilla tactics...:D

I have been struggling with this very same thing. The insert with two compartments forces you to carry too many discs so they don't flop around.

I went to the local office surplus store and bought an upright file rack and cut it down to fit the bag. I can fit three discs per slot with room for 15 18 easy.

I think this is one area that needs some additional R&D regardless of the manfacturer, there is no good product to utilize the space of the bag, while keeping the discs organized, yet easy to store and remove discs without having them fall out if your bag happen tip over.

Bad Ass idea man. I've got the Face Comp. bag and was lookin' in to trying to find a way to do the same. I know that Revolution has a plastic doodle-ma-jobbie they put in their bags with slidin dividers...cool, but I think that they are like 30 bucks or something and don't even know if they'd fit the Fade bags.

Again, great Idea. Always like to see a cool, new, homemade fix to problems that we all run in to.

If any of you don't like the floppiness of the velcro dividers in your bag...what I did was re-enforce the dividers with clothes hangers. I just measured -- eyeballed -- how much clothes hanger it would take. One piece bent like a "U" and the other a str8 piece for the top and cut really small slits in the top corners of the divider and slid the clothes hangers in. totally works. Bent the end of each clothes hanger piece too to keep the sharp ends from pokin through the holes I cut in the fabric and to keep them from creating new ones. Did this when I first got my bag bout 5 months ago and still holding strong.

Does it make a difference? I've got one too, and was wondering if it was a benefit or not.

It's a cheep set up. I added end caps to the 1 1/2 PVC and it's solid! the bottom of bag has no sag to it. The whole bag seems more rigged too. I like it and for $5.50 worth of material it's worth it to me.

I made myself a similar frame for my Crunch bag. I am divided on whether I am going to use it or not though. It holds 10 discs very well and makes it so each disc is very easily accessible. I'm pretty sure anyone that has a Crunch box knows about how a disc in the very front or very back of the bag can be hard to take out. The corrugated plastic eliminates any troubles with that. The trade off though is that now it carries two less discs.

I'm currently asking myself: "Do I want two extra discs, or do I want to be able to access every single disc easily?"

95ob68.jpg

2znq2i8.jpg

I'm currently asking myself: "Do I want two extra discs, or do I want to be able to access every single disc easily?"

That organizer is solid, but I want both (extra discs and easy access to every disc) so I think I'm going to get a Fade Tourney bag.

I made myself a similar frame for my Crunch bag. I am divided on whether I am going to use it or not though. It holds 10 discs very well and makes it so each disc is very easily accessible. I'm pretty sure anyone that has a Crunch box knows about how a disc in the very front or very back of the bag can be hard to take out. The corrugated plastic eliminates any troubles with that. The trade off though is that now it carries two less discs.

For that reason, I opted not to put cardboard in the Crunch. It's less of an issue for large bags...my Innova Comp and newly acquired Lat 64 bag hold plenty...

But that is very nice, using the corregated plastic...certainly a bit more resistance to water.

As far as the Cruch, I turn the discs in the back of the bag backwards (flight plate out) In fact, it's become a habit: putters and mids facing one way in the front, drivers facing the other way in the back. It makes them a bit easier to get out, since they curve with the bag a bit.

Latest posts