• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rabbit Flats - Thousand Oaks, CA

Latest message from Mike Byrne on Rabbit Flats DGC.....

Hi all,

Some local Cub Scouts planted some "Butterfly" shrubs on the fairways of holes 1 and 10.

Some of the fairways have been "flailed" (mowed), as has been the island landing zone of hole 13 (yellow basket). This landing zone is an island for hole 13, and a lake when playing hole 4 (blue basket).

Some carsonite posts have been put in for tee signs and look great.

THIS SATURDAY, MARCH 6 IS A WORK DAY!!!! :)
PLEASE BE THERE TO HELP.

The plan is to whack some weeds, trim away some dead stuff, and put in the rest of the green bucket (valve boxes) that protect and cover the basket sleeves. So bring some water, gloves, shovel, and pruning shears or clippers.

My kids have their last soccer game of the season, so I'll be getting there at 11:45, but with boxes of pizza and bevs, to make up for being late. :)

Take care, see you soon, and say a prayer that it doesn't rain! I know, we need RAIN! But just not on our RF work days! :)

Mike

Soo if you want to end a drought build a disc golf course with volunteers over a 6 month period! If it rains workday will be postponed if it is nice see above. if it rains then clears for an hour or so Saturday come out and throw some plastic! we went out last saturday and got rainbows, lightening, thunder and mud!

So exactly what time will people be showing up over at the course?? I pan on coming over to help out but don't wanna be there by myself waiting on people to show if i am early. I am new to the sport and don't know anyone that plays around here so i am looking forward to meeting people that like to play...

Dave Combs

Please come out for a day or two this Friday and Saturday, March 19 and 20, and help work on the course.
We'll be starting at 9 AM. If you can't make it at 9, come as soon as you can.

There's lots to do. Bring your water, sun screen, and gloves. Other useful items if available: concrete tools, shovels, wheel barrows, pruning shears/clippers, gas weed whacker. If you don't have any of this, come anyway!

I'll pick up some pizza and beverages for lunch.
I hope to see you there!
Mike Byrne
805/338.4921

I should be there, I checked out on leave today so i have the next 2 weeks off.

Dave Combs

Can't do Friday, but will definitely be there on Saturday. Finally a work day that does not conflict with being out of town or rain! Been wanting to pitch and now I get to =)

I played a quick 9 on the way home from work. It's coming together.

I like that I can play a quick 9 on the way home from work. That's something special.

BTW another work day tomorrow.

I forgot to mention that more baskets were being put in while I was there. I think the only holes without them are 7 and 8.

It was great talking to the guy from the city that Mike's been working with. He wasn't a DGer before all of this and we had a good conversation about all the courses he's been to since. I could see the look in his eyes.

Uh yeah. I just saw that this is today. There's another work day coming up.

Help plant some trees, or whack some weeds!!!
RF is looking more like a DG course everyday, but we need more help.
So, come out Friday, lend a hand, and play some golf. There are 26
baskets up and ready.
Bring some gloves, a shovel, water, gas weed whacker :) , pruning
shears/clippers, discs.
Remember, those lending a hand get priority registration for RF 1st
disc golf tourney, May 22! The field will be very limited!
RF is located at the western most end of Thousand Oaks Community Park,
on Moorpark Rd., next to the TO High School.
Hope to see you at 9 AM!
Mike Byrne
805/338.4921
PS The next RF work day is April 17.

checked out the course today. fun stuff!:clap: little bit of everything, from easy, open shots to technical uphill stuff and a couple REALLY fun downhill shots (a short tricky one and a bomb). thanks to all of you who layed the course out and helped on the work days!:clap:

review coming soon.;)

checked out the course today. fun stuff!:clap: little bit of everything, from easy, open shots to technical uphill stuff and a couple REALLY fun downhill shots (a short tricky one and a bomb). thanks to all of you who layed the course out and helped on the work days!:clap:

review coming soon.;)
It will be better once those trees grow in.

When is the next work days at the course??? I am going to go play the Flats today at around 1130 if anyone wants to go.

Dave Combs

Latest posts