• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rabbit Flats - Thousand Oaks, CA

Work Party Saturday 9 a.m. spread chips, trim shrubbery, plant stuff, throw plastic. Oh yeah register for the first tournament on the course. Woof.

This is from a Mike Byrne email.

Hi all,
Please come out to Rabbit Flats Disc Golf Course in Thousand Oaks this Saturday April 17 in the morning (9 AM, or as soon as you can) and lend a hand planting, watering, spreading mulch, trimming, whacking...
We really need to cut the weeds and trim the overgrowth above the baranca. And 2 sleeves need concrete.
Bring gloves, water, clippers, shovel, gas weed whacker if available.
Bring your discs too of course. There will be time to golf.
The course is really coming together. All tees are ready for use, and tee signs are up now!
Matt Kouba, CRPD Parks Superintendent will have info. on RF 1st tourney and Grand Opening May 22. Remember, priority to play in Rabbit Flats 1st tourney goes to those that help with the course! :)
Hope you can make it! Sorry, but I can't be there. :-(
So, it's up to you to pick up the slack for me!
Mike Byrne

I wish i could have stayed longer Saturday so i could throw some plastic with you guys. I was getting new tires for about 2 hours. I am hopefully headed out to play tomorrow or Sunday. Hopefully i want have to play by myself...

Dave Combs

Great video.

Too bad you missed Ryan at 4:12.

Maybe next time. =/

pretty soon we'll have to move this thread to the general "courses" section!! :D

i scheduled some rounds here at RF for this month but i'll probably be out there just about every morning after the 15th, if anyone wants to play.

played this weekend. the course looks SO good. fantastic job, guys!

just finished my review. give it a look (and some votes!!)

will be playing today between 10 and noon, probably. hope to see some locals! say hi to the guy with the green hat.

played today and took pictures of the signs as well as the fairways. most of the pics are too big to upload. i could probably figure it out myself but i was thinking if anyone is good with photo editing then they could resize them and circle the baskets in color coding since they are kinda hard to see.

if anyone is interested in the task let me know and i can send you the pics.

i also input the hole distances according to the signs but some of them are clearly wrong as a few of the basket positions have been moved. if anyone has any info on the new basket positions and distances...

I can do the resizing for you, but a REALLY simple way to do it yourself (albeit one at a time) is at this site: http://www.photosize.com/

Just resize them to 800 pixels (width) and they will work in the DGCR database. Would love to see some more pictures added to the Rabbit Flat profile.

its all about irfanview with the RIOT plugin. lets you batch resize the pics and the actual size of the data in one easy step and is FREEEE!

I played the 1st monthly yesterday. I placed in 2nd Intermediate at -2. The damn island hole got me at the end or I would've won at -4

It looks like this will be a regular thing. 1st Saturday of the month. I look forward to seeing some of you.

3rd place at -1 this Saturday. I had some really stupid mistakes....like thumbing directly into the pyracantha bush.

Don't forget. 1st Saturday of every month.

Request from Matt:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Hello everyone,
Due to some bad timing of waterline breaks, tree deliveries, volunteer work
party cancellations etc. Not all the trees have been planted and/or properly
watered. I purchased 800' of hoses today and put them up. PLEASE water
whatever you can when you are out at the course. If the crpd guys can get the
rest of them in the dirt next week we should only lose a few of them. Thanks
for everyone's help out there!

Be Good,
Matt

[/FONT]

No problemo.

Say, one of these weekend we ought to go up to TO and play Rabbit Flats. Maybe on the way up to Casitas? Little warm-up round?

So... where did all the posts from Frolfy and myself go?

Is this why Vegan Ray got mad? Posts magically disappearing after a few days. His posts were annoying, but still... erasing them seems wrong.
DSCJNKY

I think the good jokes were just about to start. I think Frolfour was someones alter ego.

So... where did all the posts from Frolfy and myself go?

Is this why Vegan Ray got mad? Posts magically disappearing after a few days. His posts were annoying, but still... erasing them seems wrong.
DSCJNKY

They didn't get deleted, just moved to their own thread in the Landfill.

My money's on you, too.

Latest posts