• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Raining and 51 degrees, I won't play in this, does anybody?

Temp and rain don't bother me too much but I hate crazy wind. My game is terrible when it gets around 20mph+ (See Am Worlds Round 2!). I've played in some rough weather (not as bad as the Northern guys I'm sure) but wind is the only thing that makes me consider staying in. Mt Airy (Cincy) Ice Bowl a few years ago it was so cold that after 3 holes my Gatorade had frozen. I think it was around 5 degrees and real windy.

Real men play in the snow.

Playing in the rain isn't bad, as long as you're prepared for the conditions. I know it gets cold in the midwest, but that just means an extra layer.

Plus, it gives you the ability to know how to handle the conditions if you ever planned to play in a tournament and the weather takes a turn for the worse.

Funny...I have plans to add a fun facts page to dgmapper.com in the near future, showing the hottest/coldest/windiest/rainiest/highest-elevation/lowest-elevation tournaments coming up. Maybe I can cross reference the coldest/windiest ones with the actual tournament turnouts to give a definitive answer...hehe.

I always say there is no such thing as imperfect disc golf weather. But here in Texas we don't get many extremes. I've played in rain, snow, heat, cold. Thunderstorm I may have never played in but they usually happen late.

I've played with a tornado just outside of town. Sirens a blarin', thunder rolling. Only time I remember my heart pounding while playing.

I've played with a tornado just outside of town. Sirens a blarin', thunder rolling. Only time I remember my heart pounding while playing.

You are one crazy mofo:|...id be sheetin myself if that was going on while i was on the course....literally:p

50316_6189038586_3033827_n.jpg

I embrace the conditions as they are given to me. Rain, snow, wind...bring it on! I like the challenge. My three most memorable rounds of DG actually came with one of those conditions in play.

I play ball golf in anything as well, and the most fun I have ever had on a golf course was in a tournament when it rained 3" while we were on the course playing. I wasn't very good at that time, but because I embraced the rain, I actually came in 4th in that tournament. The others were complaining while I was having a blast.

I no longer play ball golf, but one of my best rounds was in the rain. I had a bad slice. The wet ground stopped my bad shots from running off the fairway. I think about that round every time I play in the rain now. Good feelings make for good disc golf.

There are things in life that should only be experienced one time.

I've been close to too many tornadoes. I spend a lot of time driving across Texas, so I don't have a choice. I do choose to take cover.

I have played a league round where it was snowing switched to rain then finally stopped. so weather isn't a problem. i have also played a round in 3 feet of snow. if you don't believe me on the snow Jukeshoe was there also he can verify that. our big group only got in 8 holes in 3 hours but it was a challenge

temp. really isn't an issue for me, and I'll play in most rain as long as the drops aren't knockin my disc down right out of the air. if it is also so windy the rain is sideways then it's not a happy day

Depends on how hard the rain is for me. If it is anything more than a light rain, I will not play. Temperature is not an issue for me as long as it is above 35 degrees. Because no one else is at the park disc golfing, there is no waiting around. The constant movement makes the temperature a non issue for me. I will play in snow.

One more Washingtonian chiming in....It's not the rain falling down that bothers me, its the steep hillsides that turn into non-navigable rivers of muck & mud.

Last edited: