• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Rattler

How are y'all griping the rattler on drives?

I forget the term, fork grip maybe? Or a modified one?

Pinky tucked into the rim, ring and middle fingers extended out towards the center of the disc (pads of fingers on bottom of flight plate), and first knuckle of my index finger is on the bottom of the rim where a bead would be located. With mids and certain other putters I tuck my index finger into the rim like my pinky, but due to the depth of the Rattler the pad of my index finger isn't touching the disc at all. Use it for all Rattler throws regardless of distance/power or release angle.

Oh I agree. I just practice throwing 150' shots in my backyard tonight with the grip GripEnemy suggest and man something clicked. Definitely can't over power it but a smooth release the rattler is a laser beam.

Nice. Yeah I'm actually curious to see how far I can push the distance. I'll get to try out some of my new stuff including the rattler Sunday morning

How are people liking the ESP ones?

I just got one a few days ago, first experience with lids but I always liked the feel of the rattler. So far its somewhat touchy, more stable than I was expecting at 157g. Really liking it for touch FH similar to a short pass in Ultimate where it holds anny the whole way.

I was just going to ask about the ESP Rattlers! I'm super excited/hopeful, that they will be reasonably priced, or that I can order them without my wife finding out. Heavier the better.

The esp rattler has replace my Sol in my bag for straight upshots and long jump putts. I liked the Sol for long jump putts up to 80' but I can easily blow by the basket. The rattler is slow and I don't have to worry about blowing past.

I love the rattler and have had a Pro-D in my bag for years. I prefer premium plastic as the sandy feeling of worn cheaper plastic bugs me. I picked up two ESP ones 155g and 175g. Both fly the same but the 155 goes about 10' farther. I'm very disappointed at the moment. after some breaking in of the 155g one I got it to not be so stable, but it seems so much more touchy than my Pro-D. I can throw the Pro-D on a slight hyzer and it will almost always flip up to straight. If it is on a anny it will not move too much. The ESP either rides a super long Hyzer or flips and dives. I don't know if it is just my grip not used to the harder plastic or it just doesn't perform like the Pro-D plastic.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I'll agree with you findings. My esp tour series is either more stable than my old pro-d on short up shots or turns into a roller if thrown 2 mph faster. Might just have to take it out of the bag and go back to the worn out, 3 year old disc.

picked up and esp tour series on impulse because i loved the way it look. never thrown a rattler before but love this disc for short line shaping and hitting gap. wish the made on in firm jawbreaker plastic. i hate the feel of D.

I feel like Lids are meant to be run in some sort of baseline / mid grade plastic. They fly truer to their design. The polecat is the same way, champs are a bit brickish, while the dx are money.

Although I do wonder if anyone has beat in their ESP rattler at all? I haven't been patient enough.

I feel like Lids are meant to be run in some sort of baseline / mid grade plastic. They fly truer to their design. The polecat is the same way, champs are a bit brickish, while the dx are money.

Although I do wonder if anyone has beat in their ESP rattler at all? I haven't been patient enough.

I've barely been throwing mine, I'll torture test one of the uglies if you're curious.

Agreed that base lid is best lid...hell I even prefer my Rattlers more 165 than max weight.