• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] RDG Gila: OS Mid

jcassidy1990

Reptilian Disc Golf
Guys and Gals....

Our best disc ever just flew for the first time yesterday.

The Gila has been my dream mid since I started RDG. It was designed to be a big brother to the Roc as I love Rocs and have used them for years.

Flight Numbers : 5, 4, 0, 3

The mold features a big bead, concave wing and flat top.

I was throwing ropes all over the course with it yesterday, hitting basket twice between four holes.

The HSS is rock solid and the fade is reliable and confident. In headwinds it held up beautifully.

Overall, I can't wait to bring these to you. These are the best discs we've ever had produced. My dream arsenal is about to be complete!

Attachments

• 2017-05-24-09-06-58.jpg
    2017-05-24-09-06-58.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 201
Run up some testers! RDG struck gold with the Scale and honestly havent released a dud yet. While I dont bag every RDG mold, this and the Croc could potentially drastically change my mid-range set up. I love mids and use them a LOT so Im always excited to see a new mid come out.

Currently running:
-Glo Z Buzzz OS
-Glow Champ Roc3
-Luster Roc3
-Champ Roc3
-DX Vroc

With the proper seasoning of the Croc, and if the Gila is as all-around OS as advertised, all those Rocs could potentially go away, maybe even the Buzzz OS!

The Gila is here to wreck the Sanny Sentinel market.

They're overstable but in a beautiful kind of way. Capable of long crushing drives with a reliable finish.

They're perfect... And I can't wait for you guys to throw them.

Please tell me there will be premium and baseline.... ugh RDG why do you take me money... I just got my mid setup straightened out :doh:

Please tell me there will be premium and baseline.... ugh RDG why do you take me money... I just got my mid setup straightened out :doh:

I'm sorry but this mid is worth every penny lol.

I was almost hysterical with joy after launching these around the course yesterday.

That profile looks really legit for paring with my Rocs. This is actually the RDG mold I'm most excited about since you launched the brand Jamie! I'm 100% on board for a few of these in multiple blends as soon as you've got some runs to sell. Give me all the plastics!

I'm happy for you Jamie. I know how bad you've wanted to make this one happen. And you know how bad I've wanted you to make this happen.

Can't wait to try this out. I haven't said that about any new disc in a very long time.

I just gave up on waiting for these and moved to beadless mids. Got super comfortable with no bead. This in fossil was my number 1 disc on my wish list since I tried fossil scales and serpents from the first run. Guess I'll have to keep my kc rocs fresh just in case I decide to go back to beaded mids

Guys and Gals....

Our best disc ever just flew for the first time yesterday.

The Gila has been my dream mid since I started RDG. It was designed to be a big brother to the Roc as I love Rocs and have used them for years.

Flight Numbers : 5, 4, 0, 3

The mold features a big bead, concave wing and flat top.

I was throwing ropes all over the course with it yesterday, hitting basket twice between four holes.

The HSS is rock solid and the fade is reliable and confident. In headwinds it held up beautifully.

Overall, I can't wait to bring these to you. These are the best discs we've ever had produced. My dream arsenal is about to be complete!

Can you post a photo next to a Roc and maybe a Sent?

Is the depth more like a roc or a ghost? Also, yes for stiff baseline plastic please!

Man this + Comets seems like it will be a killer setup.

How long are these from being buyable? I am about to do some testing to find an OS mid to go with the workhorse Z Comet. Trying out the Daredevil Walrus and Moose, Sentinel, Croc. It would be great to try this one out as well.

Last edited:
ooooh, im glad there are some diamonds, ive wanted to try this mold for some time now. i currently throw a few wasps and a buzzz os , i see the numbers are similar on both those molds. the buzzz os is more HSS than my wasps though, how would you compare the gila to a buzzz os or dga quake? if the hss is more than a wasp, im all in.

I am really, really excited for this mold, esp in Fossil.

One step closer...