• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Recommended disc's for RHFH?

I'm about a 50/50 split between fh and bh.
I love a semi flippy driver like a valk, they flat out bomb.
But as far as discs in general I throw the same stuff fh or bh.
Loving the anode for short 100'-130' fh approaches
Fairways like the teebird and the fd are great fh discs
Control drivers, pd's are pretty easy to fh
For the ultimate bomber fh disc an icon cannon can't be beat.
Throwing both fh & bh I don't really need a big selection in terms of stability but I think its really important that you learn neutral-ish discs at all the different speeds. It's a bit of a learning curve but in the long run you'll be glad you did.

I have been moing away from FH, but still use it here and there. I used to be exclusively FH and the best discs, IMHO, were Firebirds. They are great FH discs. Apes work well too if you can get good wrist action. But I'd say Firebirds, and the Discraft Flick isn't bad either!!

I've been playing for 4 years and just started BH its been tough. Most of my drivers are OS so that made it pretty tough. Anyway after about a months practice my blizzard Boss 155 is really ripping out of my hand and getting a bit of a turnover! My Echo star wraith runs pretty flat but not too far.

For some reason I can't throw mids very well. The grip without a wide rim feels so awkward. Actually I'm capable of good throws with them, but the awkward feeling in my hand makes them random.

I used to throw almost all RHFH, and the best discs I found for it were all very overstable:

Nuke, Ape, Monster, and Firebird. All fly straight until the fade at the end of the flight. After switching to backhand I found that the Beast flew forever on a nice S-curve when I snapped it forehand. Thus my two discs for those pesky lefty friendly holes are the Firebird and Beast.

You might also try that new Lat 64 disc. I forget what it's called and don't care enough to look it up, but it's said to be OS and that sidearmers love it... Of course that was said by a lady at the disc golf shop who probably just wanted me to buy more discs than just the Opto Pure and used Teebird I had in front of me.

teebird, river, northman, and striker....I've been throwing a lot of striker shots and northman.....they are awesome for me....plus the plastic is dead sexy!!!

Latest posts