• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Red Feather Lakes, CO

mndiscg

Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I am looking to play the two ranch courses up there at the end of the month. The more recent reviews are last summer and they weren't good. Has anyone played them more recently and have any idea of their current conditions?

don't know if you've been there yet or not but I would skip Beaver Meadows, Sundance is nice and a lot of fun, great host. Get over to Bailey if possible.

don't know if you've been there yet or not but I would skip Beaver Meadows, Sundance is nice and a lot of fun, great host. Get over to Bailey if possible.

I'm going on the 29th of this month. I have played Bailey and it was great. If I play Sundance I will play Beaver Meadows. They are in the same area and I am a course bagger so I won't be driving into the mountains and skipping a course! Bailey is way further away than these courses for me.

Still looking for any updates on conditions for these courses since last year.

i played buckhorn last month and it was in very good condition.

i wonder if there are some local boards where you might get a better answer. i can ask a friend who lives in Ft Collins if he's heard anything.

A buddy of mine played Sundance a couple weeks ago, and the conditions were perfect. That was, however, pre-flooding here on the Front Range. Best case scenario, it's just muddy or a bit washed out.

Thanks for the info guys. As far as I know, the Red Feather Lakes area escaped major damage from the rain. I am planning on playing Sundance and Beaver Meadows then evaluating whether or not I have time to get to Buckhorn before it gets dark.

One more question: CO-14 is closed right now and that's the only way to get from Beaver to Buckhorn that isn't super long. Anybody know when it will open again?

I would just call them and see what the conditions are. Both Beaver Meadows and Sundance have a website where you can find their phone number and business hours