• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Red-Hot Memorial Action -or- Who Will Barry Punch Next?

gator said:
I know some payed to watch this just to support disc golf, but was the coverage worth the money?
I watched at work (Disc Nation store) so therefore did not put down my own money to watch it. That said, I'd call it money well spent if I had bought it. After seeing this coverage, I would be more than willing to subscribe for the next go round.

Excellent work, to all involved. I can say that it warmed many hearts to learn that the "DVD" was actually live streaming coverage. The non-dg'ers who saw it definitely came away with a better-than-usual perception of dg's legitimacy as a sport.

Also want to add, we play videos on a large flat-screen in the store, probably 50"+ .. this looked really nice on there. Nobody guessed it was a web stream, and that's a good sign of its quality.

Redisculous said:
Also want to add, we play videos on a large flat-screen in the store, probably 50"+ .. this looked really nice on there. Nobody guessed it was a web stream, and that's a good sign of its quality.
Makes me want to view the archived footage...

The field reporter, was his name Jim Oates? They owe that guy a lot, he covered up a lot of the broadcast's shortcomings.

Jim did a great job. Since he was in the field, he could see what he was commenting on whereas the studio guys had to rely on feeds from others and couldn't always see it themselves live.

Yeah, as the broadcast went along, they wisely shifted much of the commentary from the studio guys to Jim. I appreciated that they recognized that and adjusted.

Jim often had a view of other holes, so he was giving updates of groups in front and kept the intensity up. He also was able to fill in when the camera angles didn't capture a shot, which happened less frequently as the broadcast when on, but still happened. He was all over the place. I'd definitely recommend anyone wanting to do commentary on their productions get a guy out there with a mic that's basically running from basket to basket to report on that end of things.

The only thing that was a little off is that the video was a half to one second behind the audio. So sometimes Jim would go, "Awww, he just missed it right" and the putt was still 3 or 4 feet from getting to the basket on screen.

So Kenny throws sidearms?

Whaaaaat?

24203_382321641489_535356489_5583571_8117503_n.jpg

Trey133 said:
So Kenny throws sidearms?
Whaaaaat?

Didnt you know? He gettin old.. His pimp hand aint strong anymore. He switchin to sidearm to ease up on the years of backhand abuse.

riverboy said:
Why would that surprise you? Plenty of to pros throw backhand and sidearm.

Maybe because Kenny and Barry aren't one of those "plenty". I would almost bet Climo's Lefty backhand is better than his RHFH but he is like a 970 lefty golfer.

I am shamed. Let me rephrase. I would THINK most pros would. I don't watch enough coverage or know enough pros to know this.

I think barry is a man and only a man would decide to break his throwing hand at a tour event. MANLY MOTHA EF

riverboy said:
I am shamed. Let me rephrase. I would THINK most pros would. I don't watch enough coverage or know enough pros to know this.

Don't worry man, I wont hold it against ya. Freshen up on your dg history a little back to the time when there was no other shot than the backhand and chicken wing.

There is a local here who still uses it effectively! I thiiiiiiink its Virtual_pbandJ

Max Crotts can throw a HUGE chicken wing

rwmurrow said:
People actually used the chicken wing effectively? Vid. please?

here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNuC9tn0csc#t=01m36s

Latest posts