• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Relocating a Concrete Teepad

I know of a course that recently poured all new pads side by side at a spot the truck could get to, then moved them to the tee areas. Obviously they would need to be reinforced.

How far do you want to go?

It's possible. A lot depends on the construction of the pad (size, depth, use of rebar or other reinforcement, etc) and the equipment you have available to move it. Also how far you intend to move it.

I was involved with the design and build of a course where the owners decided to re-purpose an old sidewalk and pavilion to use for tees. They cut the concrete in 4X8 and 4X10 slabs, then hauled them with a tractor on to the course. The sidewalk was probably 2-3 inches thick and reinforced on the inside so there wasn't much breaking or cracking when they were lifted off the ground.

I've also heard of tees that were dug out of the ground and moved by hand by getting them up on logs and simply rolling them from one location to another (no recommended if going a long distance). Those tees also were well reinforced on the inside to withstand the lifting and moving without crumbling.

I've not only seen it, but I've done it. We moved a teepad somewheres around 130' on a hole that had to be re-designed due to neighbor complaints about discs going in their yard. Another time a pad was moved (different course) to make it a better hole. Both times the Egyptian method was mostly used (round wooden fence posts were placed-one in front of the other) and the pad was pushed/pulled and rolled until it got to the new location. It's alot of work, and you need like 8 guys, but it can be done. I wouldn't personally want to do more than a couple of these, lol.

*Photo is of the last few feet of the second one I mentioned. Most of these guys have back problems now. :p

Attachments

• 58087_530514003657104_1902286702_n.jpg
    58087_530514003657104_1902286702_n.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I've done it several times. Our tees are 4'x10' with wire mesh in them. We used the same Egyptian method mentioned above but we used 20 pieces of 2" pvc for the rollers on top of 4x4s. We also slid three 5/4' deck boards between the concrete and the pvc so it was much easier to roll. Stopping is not always as easy as starting.

All of the Hyzer Creek teepads were poured in the parking lot and then moved.
They were pulled onto a trailer and driven out to their locations

A front-end loader got put to work to move a pad at Milo this spring, before BSF.

Either that slab has to be reinforced and/or you better brace the crap out of it. Going off-roading with anything that has forks is going to be a bumpy experience. Otherwise instead of one concrete pad you'll have multiple pads in MUCH smaller sizes.

We used a fork lift on our course. I don't really know if the original pad had any reinforcing bars or not. Drive slow.

We have one that needs to be rotated about 45 to 60 degrees. No idea if these were reinforced, and would really hate to break it. We get by, but no one throws the direction it's pointing. A mistake was made when the crew framed it up.